When will I be able to access my funds?

popober
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm working for an online company, and they pay using Paypal. It's my first time using the service so I fully expected to just immediately recieve my funds as soon as I got paid. I did, but now it seems that Paypal is wihtholding my payment? I updated it to "Order Processed" since that was what Paypal said, so I wanna ask how long can it be before I get my payment?

Status is "Pending" and says "Paypal has placed a temporary hold while we're revieweing it."

I was planning to use to money on some things asap, some of them pretty important, and I don't really want to wait any longer. I was also planning on actually using my funds here directly from Paypal, instead of say transferring it to a bank account.

I tried looking up at other similar issues, but I figured I might as well post about my specific problem since it's about selling a service instead of an item.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@popober

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If your employer chose the send money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If your employer had chosen the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly.

You could try getting your employer to call customer services and authorise them to release the payment sooner as it was sent the wrong way?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

popober
Contributor
Contributor

I sent them an invoice, which was how their system worked. After reading your post, I thought I might have been able to set the the invoice' nature differently. I didn't see anything when I checked the invoce creation page, however..

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@popober

Thats why then, if you send an ''invoice'' then you are selling a product / services and so will have the 21 day new seller hold applied.

The only way to get it instantly is for them to use the personal payment friends / family option.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

popober
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@popober

Thats why then, if you send an ''invoice'' then you are selling a product / services and so will have the 21 day new seller hold applied.

The only way to get it instantly is for them to use the personal payment friends / family option.

Well this is just a scam... From everything I've read and seen, this isn't protecting anyone but paypal and is really just to make them money. I didn't even know this company scams people and, apparently, they can get away with it. Ugh. If only I weren't forced to use it. And payapal probably just finds that funny.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@popober

The ''hold'' is for new sellers and funds are released at 21 days.

Hardly a ''scam''.

If you were not a selling something then you should not have used that method should you??

If your employer had used the personal payment option you would have had the money by now and that is why paypal give you that option.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

popober
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@popober

The ''hold'' is for new sellers and funds are released at 21 days.

Hardly a ''scam''.

If you were not a selling something then you should not have used that method should you??

If your employer had used the personal payment option you would have had the money by now and that is why paypal give you that option.

It's a scam because it doesn't do anything except allow paypal to make money off other people's money on top of the fee already deducted. If the money is immediately released after confirmation or whatever, sure fine. But sticking 21 days is just ridiculous. Even shortening it to 7 is still unreasonable.

And you seem to think I had a choice in the matter. My employer using an online network to pay their foreign employees is understandable, paypal scamming people is not. I know it's your job, but the blame is clearly on your employers here. Not on me or mine. It sucks that they have to use paypal of all things, but that's the most that is wrong with their method.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@popober

21 days is for buyer protection and ALL of us sellers have been through it and EVERY seller on ebay and other sites has been through it.

And what employees do I have?????????????

I don't work for paypal ......this is a user to user help forum and I am an ebay seller that helps out here.....hence the word VOLUNTEER by my username.

All I can do is tell you how paypal works, I don't make their policies.

And your employer could still have used the personal payment option but chose to make you send an invoice so that you became subject to the new seller hold.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

popober
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@popober

21 days is for buyer protection and ALL of us sellers have been through it and EVERY seller on ebay and other sites has been through it.

And what employees do I have?????????????

I don't work for paypal ......this is a user to user help forum and I am an ebay seller that helps out here.....hence the word VOLUNTEER by my username.

All I can do is tell you how paypal works, I don't make their policies.

And your employer could still have used the personal payment option but chose to make you send an invoice so that you became subject to the new seller hold.

Sorry then, I thought you were getting paid to suck up.

Sure, everyone's been through it. Most of them complain about it. A lot of them suddenly get relegated back to it. But does it do anything aside from allow paypal to make money off of something not theirs? "Oh just suck it up and take getting dunk into a pit of manure. Everyone's done it despite the fact it serves no actual good."

Textbook conformism.

Uh, no. They're my EMPLOYERS. Nothing personal about that. You're defending one part of paypal by telling me to go against another. But sure, my employers are absolutely at fault for trying to make sure they can keep better track of their stuff and not paypal for instituting a scam that benefits no one except them.

Let those who were expecting to start earning a new life just starve because they can't get their money for another 3 weeks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@popober

Not paypals fault neither you or your employer READ how things worked before you sent funds.

I can see you have trouble READING as you could not work out what a volunteer was.

And don't worry i will make sure i don't EVER help you or respond to any of your posts from now on as you are so rude.

Feel free to reply.....guess you won't be able to resist.......but neither I nor i doubt anyone else will bother to read it.

Byeee

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.