Payment held. I have a 1,000+ ebay rating

comicscotty477
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item tonight. The buyer paid nice and quiclky.

When I went to look at the transaction on paypal it shows as payment pending until 14.06.16.

I have an ebay score of over 1,000. I haven't had any issues with any other ebay members. 

I'm trying to ascertain why payments are now pending as I've never had this in 12 years of using paypal/ebay?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@comicscotty477

You didn't say if your feedback was as a buyer or seller so i will give all the reasons for the hold and see if you can work out which one it may be !!

Reasons why you may have returned to the hold as per link above possibly are >>>

1. New seller?

2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling?

3. Dipped star ratings on ebay?

4. Recent buyer disputes?

5. Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d.?

6. Suddenly selling a high cost item against normal selling history?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

comicscotty477
Contributor
Contributor
None of the above apply to me. I called PayPal this morning and spoke to a quite helpful customer service adviser. She reviewed the transaction and my paypal account.and agreed that there were no issues with it. She went on to say that the hold was system generated as it was an Apple product and couldn't be manually overridden. The help was fine but I'm disappointed that this has happened in the first place. I now have to refund my buyer and sell the item locally which isnt ideal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.