Regarding Payments From My Own Website Or Other not ebay

size-xl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

This is aimed mainly at any Paypal mods out there.

My website goes live in 2 week and has around 1500 items on there, at least 60% are dropship, i also list on eBid and Ebay (not for long on the latter, makes me think WHO'S running MY business me or them).

My question is -: when i sell something on my own website will there be payment holds, if so how on earth do i run a dropship business. ??

If there is a problem with any type of payment or return issue then surly its upto the company to resolve this, if you are in business then this should be a priority and if it is not then you shouldn't be in business, i dont like the thought of MY money being put on hold from MY website. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

In order to avoid holds and reviews, you must ensure that you verifiy your PayPal Account.

Login to Me Too

size-xl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

Yes it is verified, i have had the account for years, in a way i agree with what paypal/ebay are doing but i dont in another, its to protect the buyer from scams or none existing items but, if your a registered business they should have no right to hold money that has been recieved from a buyer, this is a contract between the buyer and the seller and nothing to do with paypal.

If they have the right to hold money from my own website and they intend to do so then they can stuff there online bank, i bet they didnt hold money from sports direct or any other company that now uses paypal.

Login to Me Too

size-xl
Contributor
Contributor

I take it there is no mods on here willing to answer this one then, well i thought not.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi Size-XL, 

Thank you from posting in our Community and sorry to keep you waiting. 

I would be happy to help you with your Drop shipping questions.

I understand that holds and claims can have a big impact on drop shipping. For  the buyers that buy items from you, you are the point of contact and you are responsible if an item is not received or if something goes wrong with an order. You can then again file a claim with your seller but you are responsible for the items that you are selling. 

If you are a new seller there is a change that your payment will be placed on a hold. We would advise you to make sure that you always have available funds on your account, so that you can pay your seller and in case of any claims would be opened. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. You can also always contact through the 'contact us page' us and we would happy to help. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

size-xl
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Dian For the reply.

There is one thing that i cant get my head around and would if possible like a streight answer.

PayPal and eBay are in a way one in the same, they bounce off one another, so,

eBay and your selfs (PayPal) stipulate that under no curcumstances should a item be shipped without cleared fund and the words cleared funds means funds available.

If payments are in a pending state or on hold then these funds are NOT available so, cant be shipped, personally i am just going to tell my customers that there payment is on hold and paypal is not releasing it, please contact paypal to resolve the issue, if you dont release the money after the buyer has contacted you then i refund the money and we all loose out, me, the buyer, paypal and ebay... Simple

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.