PAYPAL HOLDING PAYMENTS

notveryhappy
Contributor
Contributor

I too have just discovered that PayPal are holding back payments on my account

I keep my account in good order, always post items as a soon as I recieve payment, have 100% feedback good DSRs, what more does this 'outfit' want? its obvious isn't it, the want even more interest, we are even paying interest on our ostage charges as these are incuded with the selling price of an item.

None of the rules for holding payments apply to me so why all this nonsense.

Some buyers do not always leave feedback which is not the fault of the seller yet the seller gets penalised.

I shall be closing my Paypal account and going elsewhere which also means closing my Ebay account. At the end of the day I am also a customer and expect better treatment than this.

Have read through the messages and note that the seller can contact Paypal once they have recieved feedback so as t get funds released. Why should a seller have to do all this.

Login to Me Too
229 REPLIES 229

TheyCoverFraud
Contributor
Contributor

check IP addresses. It could be that PayPal is your buyer.

Go to Police. I don't believe you'll get your money back...

Login to Me Too

VincentVG
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in shock here and just can't believe what's going on. I see from the OPs original post that this has been going on for a while. I have only two negs over about 6 years of buying and selling on eBay and they were left by people that hadn't got a clue how eBay worked. I have always believe that honesty was the best way to buy and sell online but can now see that's not the case, and am rewarded by Nearly £100 being hijacked from MY own money.  I used Paypals postage label printing service and, as most sellers/buyers will have found out, postage in the UK over Xmas went to pot thanks to the bad weather. Am I right in thinking that I have to wait for feedback before Paypal give me back MY £96?? UNBELIEVABLE!!!! What if they dercide not to leave feedback?? I would advise everyone to remove any funds in accounts connected to eBay and Paypal. I've heard a lot of people state how fraudulent Paypal/eBay was over the years but never paid much attention, I can now see that it's perfectly true.

Is anyone seeking legal advice over this?

Login to Me Too

TheyCoverFraud
Contributor
Contributor

"  Is anyone seeking legal advice over this?"

I DO! 

Login to Me Too

clever_person
New Community Member

Did you find out the answer to your question about the postage?  I didn't notice what date you asked the question.  IT is a question I would like to know the answer too also.  If you find out will you please let me know

Login to Me Too

size-xl
Contributor
Contributor

been having a email argument with paypal for a week now about this, but be warned they can hold your buyers money even outside of eBay, i use the word buyers / customer because until the funds are cleared then it still the buyers money and not yours, eBays own words are -:

The dispatch (or handling) time is the number of working days the seller will take to post the item after receiving your cleared payment. A payment is considered 'cleared' after the money from the buyer has been deposited into the seller's account. If the buyer pays by PayPal, the payment may clear immediately. However if the buyer pays by cheque or postal order, it may take several days.

It gives no mention to payments put into a pending balance.

What i have done is a little bit dangerous but seems to be working, i have been selling online for a long time and have 2 eBay accounts one business and one for personal selling, my personal i have had for years with a feedback of over 100 and %100 with excelend dsr but i clossed that account because they ended up holding money even from outside eBay, more temper than anything, anyway i still have this account as business but only 14 feedback but sold 18 items, i also sell from eBid and my own site but they still hold money even from my site so i have started to tell my customers that paypal will not release your money so i cant ship to you, they are not impressed and within hours they email me back saying the funds are now available, personally i couldnt give a hoot, if they dont release the money i refund the buyer and must say the buyer is not impressed at all.

Login to Me Too

79matt
Contributor
Contributor

Why has money still not cleared, it been over two weeks, positive feedback received from great ebayers, all playing by the same rules,

seems to me pay pal arnt playing by there own rules,

maybe holding back money for there own gain. INTEREST

Meanwhile ive got to shell out for postage and ebay fee's before ive even received a bean.

If anyone can enlighten me to this then please do, or if theres another service that can be yoused instead, if there isnt why not!

it feels like im being fleeced and looking over some of the other posts im not the only one.

sort it out paypal.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Moving you here as all the other contributors here are discussing the same topic. Please do review all the thread.

Login to Me Too

GettingAngry
New Community Member

getting sick of paypal!!!!!!waiting for MY repeat MY money to be released.I did everything recommended,kept in touch with buyer,provided tracking number on site,person left positive feedback received goods etc etc,and STILL they have not released MY money.Despite numerous requests to them.Suppose this negative comment is going to delay MY money even longer!!!!!!If they state a release date,they should stick to it.WHERES MY MONEY PAYPAL?!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

HECTOR123
New Community Member

I'M RAGING FURIOUS TOO.  I HAVE WAITED OVER 21 DAYS, RELEASE DATE TODAY AND STILL I CANNOT TRANSFER MY FUNDS.  I HAVE GIVEN TRACKING NUMBER, BUYER IS DELIGHTED WITH ITEM AND THE WAY IT WAS PACKAGED, GIVEN POSITIVE FEEDBACK.....WHAT MORE CAN I DO???  I WANT MY SIXTY QUID...PATIENCE RUNNING OUT, BLOODY STUPID SYSTEM.  WILL I EVER GET MY MONEY I WONDER???

Login to Me Too

Pending Payments????

The funny thing is that i have been waiting for over 18 days for since the payment was made by the buyer. 

Currency Available $22.99 Pending $234.42Total USD (Primary) $257.41 USD

Since i sold this item (boots) for over the $234.42, i sold another item (Router) for over $22.99+ and that second payment cleared in a day.   This is a retarded system that PayPal has and i'm convinced that they are just tring to cover there buts on this one.  They want to charge you, the seller,  for using PayPal and they want to hold your money so that they can collect interest on the funds.  Think about it.  The funds are not in the buyers bank account and the funds are not in the sellers PayPal Account so obviously, PayPal has your money.  And PayPal by the way, is charging you a percentage on the shipping also.  The Nerve!!!!!!

I just got off the phone with customer service and actually talked with a american CS person.  This is the second time that i called.  The first time i talk with a women in Bengladesh and she said that the fund would clear in 24 to 48 hrs,  and that if i wanted to get the PENDING funds cleared sooner i should send a message to the BUYER and ask him for positive feedback.  He wrote back to me through EBay, PayPal's parrent conpany, and said 'I love the boots'.  The Buyer has ZERO items bought or sold and im waiting for 21 days?  Are you freeking kidding me.

This is the conclusion that i have come up with.  Why should the seller have to send emails asking for feedback. PayPal and ebay should send out emails that ask, DID YOU GET THE ITEM AND ARE YOU HAPPY WITH IT? It's really not that difficult.  Second solution is,  DO NOT USE PAYPAL.  You the seller are paying for a service that you are not quickly bennifiting from.  They are making oomney on the servicing charge and one the interest on the hold of you money.  They would like you to think that they have the best security measures in place but in reality THEY DONT.

You hear about fishing and scams all the time on ebay.  As much as they try to protect people there is always a way arround it.

If you have ZERO comments or purchases they should release there payments sooner and protect the buyer. Not vise versa. 

It takes a few smart people to start a good company and one average overpayed paper pusher to **bleep** it up.  Thanks Meg, best of luck scewing up California.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.