PAYPAL HOLDING PAYMENTS

notveryhappy
Contributor
Contributor

I too have just discovered that PayPal are holding back payments on my account

I keep my account in good order, always post items as a soon as I recieve payment, have 100% feedback good DSRs, what more does this 'outfit' want? its obvious isn't it, the want even more interest, we are even paying interest on our ostage charges as these are incuded with the selling price of an item.

None of the rules for holding payments apply to me so why all this nonsense.

Some buyers do not always leave feedback which is not the fault of the seller yet the seller gets penalised.

I shall be closing my Paypal account and going elsewhere which also means closing my Ebay account. At the end of the day I am also a customer and expect better treatment than this.

Have read through the messages and note that the seller can contact Paypal once they have recieved feedback so as t get funds released. Why should a seller have to do all this.

Login to Me Too
229 REPLIES 229

jerotic
Contributor
Contributor

i agree with wat paypal are trying to do but some buyers just will not reply or leave feedback so waiting 21 days is a very long time this time sclae should be brought down to 14 days at max you dont go in to a shop and tell them you will bring the money in and pay in 21 days or once you are happy 

Login to Me Too

selinafb
New Community Member

Hi i also understand PayPal's 21 day holding thing but its now been more than 3 weeks which isn't fair as I've already been waited the agreed time, both buyers left positive feedback but still not released! It said the release date was the 7th October but that clearly didnt happen.

Login to Me Too

cyoteeugly
New Community Member

I also have a balance in paypal which I cannot transfer to my bank , I agre with all comments I have read and think Paypal have a cheek to penalise sellers . WE use ebay services to sell goods , they encourage us to open paypal accounts and then wont let us have OUR money !!! Disgracefull , I feel robbed !!!!

Login to Me Too

glennlilly
New Community Member

i am so annoyed with paypal, i sold an item on ebay with the i have sent and i assumed the buyer has received the item, but because the buyer as not yet put any feedback onto my ebay or confirmed that she has recieved the item i have to wait for 21 days, I wouldnt be bothered if it was a little amount but its over £100, surely  its not my fault that she hasnt replied with feedback, but i was told by paypal to send in the proof of postage now they have re-tracted that and now saying the proof of postage is not proof of delivery so they will not be accepting that, how ever i still feel this truly unjust on my behalf having to wait for some moron who is clearly not interested in leaving feedback. WHAT A WASTE OF MY TIME THIS CLEARLY IS, how else can i resolve this quicker.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hey there, please review Davids answer above. We do know that a lot of our sellers, yourself included, feel that this is unfair and unjust. But we would remind you of why we are doing this and also that fact that as you receive more feedbacks, the less likely this will happen in the future.

Login to Me Too

RusticHarmony
New Community Member

I completely agree!!! This is rediculous. All I am getting from them is "this is for your safety, as well as the buyers" but it's just wrong. I had to BORROW £20 off of my brother (which I was told to do by PayPal) to pay postage for my items. I get conflicting advice off of EVERY email I get from PayPal, and most of them are just "copy and paste" of their terms and conditions.

I have been told by eBay I have had my money held because I am a new user ( can I add my ebay account is about 4 years old?). I have been told by paypal it's because I have 100% feedback, but only 71 feedback score. Shocking that 70 people have had no problems with me, but suddenly I am some sort of a risk!

No-one seems to know what they're saying.

And I don't even get my money until the item has been delivered and 3 days have passed and when the buyers are out when the item is attempted to be delivered, even though I paid 1st class to get my money faster, I have to wait for them to get to the office to collect, which took a week for one of my buyers!

It's rediculous.

I'm sorry PayPal but if you're saying you've got lots of your customers telling you this is unjust, sort it out. We PAY you for your service. You ALWAYS take your cut. You don't have to wait for feedback, or the item to be there. What if they want their money back? I have to wait for this possible outcome, but you're still earning interest on the money you took from me.

Fantastic.

I am NOT impressed by any of it. I am NOT getting the right communication, just being fobbed off by "we will release your money if..." or "we're holding your money because..."

I know why, and I know when you'll give the money back. What I wanna know is why after years of POSITIVE (only) feedback, have you suddenly targeted me?

I have more things I need to sell, as my daughters first christmas is coming up and I need the space, but I can't sell it on eBay as I struggle to find the postage money!

Login to Me Too

Paul_lisa

Well it seems that I am another of the people who paypal have decided to Pick on and withheld my money. So far I am without the goods I sold 40 quid out of pocket due to posting all the items and No money to show for any of it. Justcalled paypal who basically just read from a script and got no wher at some points it seemed the person I was talking to was to bored to listen and just kept quoting it was frormy safety. He must have call after call about this. He also claimed that Paypal sent me an Email stating that they wre going to hold my money, Explained that I have received everyother Email Accepting payment and confirming payments sent but not this email they claim to have sent, They blamed My email settings WHAT A JOKE. Even when I got to speak with a supervisor she gave the same excuses. This is all a farce totally uncalled for and everyday people being punished for trying to help themselves.

@PayPal_barry wrote:

Hey there, please review Davids answer above. We do know that a lot of our sellers, yourself included, feel that this is unfair and unjust. But we would remind you of why we are doing this and also that fact that as you receive more feedbacks, the less likely this will happen in the future.

Login to Me Too

Projectsal
Contributor
Contributor

I am yet another dissatisfied user of Paypal and agree with all the comments regarding these topics. Even the replies from the "Paypal" representative are cut and pasted and show contempt for the problems sellers are facing.  Paypal even managed to exceed their already poor standards this week by not only putting payment holds on all my sales (because I'm a new seller - 3 months down the line and 100% positive feedback) but they also failed to deal with my withdrawal of available funds until three days after I had requested the withdrawal and are now telling me that it will now take another 3 working days to reach my account - I requested the withdrawal on 31st October and will not be receiving this until 8th November! They refused to expedite the payment despite their delay in dealing with the request, and refused to accept that they had broken their own terms and conditions of withdrawal - which clearly state that the funds will be available within 2-3 working days.  I, like others, have had to use all of my "Bill and food" money to pay for the postage costs and meet my terms and conditions of sale to my buyers. I also provided tracking numbers, which were not dealt with and, therefore, payments not released until I had a very lengthy telephone conversation with a supervisor at Paypal - and still not all payments have been released.  

I think it is about time that we, as sellers, set up some kind of petition to encourage eBay to find another service provider who will actually deliver a service.

Login to Me Too

Celticminority
New Community Member
Ebay and Paypal are one and the same company. Very dissapointed with my first selling transaction. Will not be using Ebay again.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.