How to see pending balance

balboy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I've just been sent money for a sale and there's a notice which says that the payment is being held for security reason, etc.

I've tried searching the help but can't find anything that tells me how to see the pending balance - as I'd like to confirm that the buyer has paid the right amount before I send the goods tomorrow morning.

Any instructions available for this?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi balboy

If you log in to your ppal account find the transaction and click on details it should tell you there

Do not send the item until you are sure the "pending" payment is on hold because you are a new seller

Login to Me Too

balboy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response Minty.  I wasn't seeing the transaction previously, perhaps it takes a day or so to show up - although I was getting the warning re pending balance.

Regardless I can see it now.

Cheers

Login to Me Too

mateogaldos
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am having the same problem. I got the email that says I've been payed but it's on hold, but when I open my account I can't see it anywhere (not even as pending) so I can ship if I don't know the transaction details. Please help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mateogaldos

Where are you shipping? Is it international? Is it to Africa somewhere?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nicolasb1717
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem I have received an email from PayPal saying its pending but I can't find it anywhere on my PayPal I am shipping to Africa
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nicolasb1717

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

If the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the agent via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you.

They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nicolasb1717
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much and yes they were asking me to send it to their son in

Nigeria 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nicolasb1717

Your welcome, glad i decided to log on this morning.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

HannahLK
New Community Member
Thank you for this post looks like i was almost scammed but instead it was to be sent to a cousin in Nigeria. Couldn't see pending fund either. Reported buyer to ebay
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.