To make a refund but add return postage

cupmil23
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I sold a pair of bikini bottoms but the buyer has challenged the colour - I described them as orange and she says they are pink. Ihave agreed to refund her but she is asking for return postage and threatening me with opening a case.  I dont want negative feedback as I have a clean slate in that respect so I have agreed to refund her the return postage as it is minimal. So when I go to issue a refund in Paypal they wont let me add more money on to the refund.  ie they will only let me refund the original price and postage and not any refund for the return postage. Can you advise me how I can do this please? Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cupmil23

Sorry but do you really think an occasional red dot on a website is going to make that much difference that you are going to not only refund the buyer BEFORE she returns the item but pay her for the return as well  Smiley Surprised

Sorry but even if she filed a paypal dispute she would have to return the item back to you trackable at her own expense.

ok for you to refund but personally no way would i refund return postage UNLESS i felt the description or colour was indeed misleading in any way.

If you are going to refund return postage then wait until you get the item back FIRST. Then you can initiate a full refund of the amount she paid but you can't use the refund option to refund over that amount, you would have to send a second payment using the friends / family option (and fund it from your bank account so you don't pay a fee).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.