Dismayed !!

Kip1
Contributor
Contributor
I had a visitor go into my holiday cottage for 4 nights. After night one she said that the cottage was not as described because there were some wear and tear scuffs around it. It's 18 century !! She has demanded a full refund but two days later she is still in the property and is not leaving until the last paid day. She's set up a dispute with PayPal and they have put a hold on the rental money. How can she expect a full refund because she says it's not up to scratch then stay the whole duration ?? I'm flabbergasted I even have to endure a dispute and the worry of it all. Am I expected to let her stay in my cottage using gas and electricity for free ???
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kip1

Give customer services a call and see if they actually cover ''real estate'' in this way or whether they class it as a ''service''.

Also tell them she is still staying the full time and that may affect their decision.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TDAP
Contributor
Contributor

Just wondering what the outcome was.

I have exactly the same issue!

Login to Me Too

Kip1
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal threw it out and refunded me. This ridiculous woman stayed in my house for the whole duration and still wanted her rental back. She did not get it back.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kip1

Excellent news, glad she did not get a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kip1
Contributor
Contributor
It was a bit like buying a dress. Wearing it until it was a tag. Then asking for a refund.
Login to Me Too

TDAP
Contributor
Contributor

Mine is still going through the claims process.

She has put together a string of absolutely false complaints, stayed the full duration of the rental time, and now wants a refund.

I am hoping that paypal will see that she is looking for a free rental!

Login to Me Too

Kip1
Contributor
Contributor
Put an end to negotiations now. End the dispute. You can do that. That way she can't send lies to PayPal. If the house was clean and habitable then there is no reason PayPal would give her a refund. Especially like mine where she actually stayed the duration. It can't have been so bad. I also called PayPal and asked to speak to the team who were making the final decision. I think if you are proactive they appreciate you keeping in touch. Good luck. Too many scammers out there trying it on these days.
Login to Me Too

TDAP
Contributor
Contributor

I am glad that paypal found in your favour.

I will address each of her points, and fight my case. The problem is that it is my word against hers.

Very upsetting, but will put my case forward.

Thanks for the advice.

Login to Me Too

Kip1
Contributor
Contributor
My woman's excuse was so ridiculous. I closed the case. It gets to a conclusion faster that way.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.