Serious Delay with Oct. 13 withdrawal

anrose
Contributor
Contributor

Similar to what many people who withdrew on Oct. 13 and 14, I have not received the funds in my account.  I make transfers every Friday and the money is usually in my account whenever I check on Tuesday morning.  

This morning only the Oct. 20 withdrawal was credited.  I have received email responses from Paypal claiming that there is nothing to worry about and that I should receive it by the 24th of Oct.  But obviously, something really went wrong with the Oct. 13-14 transactions because my withdrawal the following week went without a hitch.  A check of my account balance this morning shows only the Oct. 20 withdrawal was credited - still no credit for Oct. 13.  The delay is totally not fine; and while they continue to peddle the line that in the Phils. processing time is 5-7 days, , my weekly experience shows that normal time is only 2 days.  I have a feeling that the delay was a result of the 2 day holiday of government offices, including Central Bank, on Oct. 16 and 17 and the problem lies with our clearing house. Paypal should initiate a trace already because they owe it to their customers.  This is the only time  I've had a problem with Paypal transactions and I never want a repeat of this very stressful experience.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

ifanuzuke
Contributor
Contributor

Hi anrose, I have the same problem and I come from Indonesia, Is this also covers the delay in our country? in our country nothing has happened and there isn't any special days.

Login to Me Too

anrose
Contributor
Contributor

@ifanuzuke wrote:

Hi anrose, I have the same problem and I come from Indonesia, Is this also covers the delay in our country? in our country nothing has happened and there isn't any special days.

Yeah, that's what's so confusing. If the problem was caused by the 2 non working holidays in our country, then why are users from other countries affected? We really don't know the root of the problem but surely, something did go wrong. Paypal's email responses to me said the funds should be credited anytime within the day (Oct. 24). If the money doesn't appear today, we need to be seriously knocking on their door. Keep me posted. Thanks for your reply to my post.

Login to Me Too

elyrose
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. I'm from Philippines and I am worried about my withdrawalon Oct 14. I called them and told me that I will received my money on oct 24th. (today) 

Login to Me Too

anrose
Contributor
Contributor

@elyrose wrote:

Same here. I'm from Philippines and I am worried about my withdrawalon Oct 14. I called them and told me that I will received my money on oct 24th. (today) 

I know what you mean. I've been stressed out since last week mainly because there was nobody who could tell me what was going on from Union Bank or Paypal until I found the posts here. I was a little bit comforted by the fact that I wasn't alone in my problem but of course not happy that so many of us are experiencing it.

Well, let's give it until today and wait for developments. Please let us know if you have received your funds. Good luck to all of us!Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

ifanuzuke
Contributor
Contributor

Good news, I just got my money in my bank. Hopefully your money also immediately reached in the bank account 🙂

Login to Me Too

Dnnca
Contributor
Contributor

This is seriously so frustrating, I think the problem is with Paypal since there are people from other countries who are also experiencing the same issue.

I've been emailing them (as well as the bank) but they advise to wait until the end of the day today (24).  

Login to Me Too

elyrose
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah I hope 😞 I checked my account and I haven’t received the money yet huhuhuhu
Login to Me Too

AWeiss
Contributor
Contributor

I tranfered money to my BDO account on 14 october and until now nothing has been booked. My friend transfered his money on 15 and got his money in his BDo account on 17. 

Login to Me Too

Bangsaraefamily
Contributor
Contributor
What's happen? 12 days how possible for paypal, and I don't know how many day can get my money because until now I didn't get my money yet!! I am really upset with this.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.