Missing refund

Colingar
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a clock from Argos over a month ago,which I returned hours later,because it was faulty. Argos had no problem with this at all and issued a refund to PayPal and gave me a copy of the refund form.

After over a month the refund has not turned up on my PayPal account,so I contacted PayPal,who opened a claim for me. It turns out they have totally got the wrong end of the stick and appear to think that there is a problem with Argos accepting my faulty goods and giving me a refund,so now PayPal are asking me to return the goods with evidence of my tracking information. 

I do think my refund is floating about in cyberspace somewhere. I am wondering if the fact that my Argos account is under a different email address to my PayPal account,is what is causing the problem?

I'm getting totally stressed out with this and am just thinking of writing off the money I have lost. Back to using my credit card for future purchases I reckon.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Colingar

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Colingar
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for that. I did pay directly from a bank card,so there's still hope.
Login to Me Too

Colingar
Contributor
Contributor
Finally got my refund and would like to make clear that it was the Argos end who were tardy. I cleared it up in a crack,by going on the Argos online chat. I'm a bit disappointed with the lady in Argos store,who had basically backheeled the problem on to me and PayPal. It has still put me off using PayPal for Argos purchases though. As a side note,if you return an Argos item where you used a eg £10 discount voucher,you will lose that £10. Another factor in my problem,which made things a tad more confusing.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.