Extremely Snarky Customer Service Rep - Paypal

riverare
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys,

First post but I was wondering has anyone here also had a not-so-nice experience with Paypal customer support? Had a call with a "Marge" that was so snarky it made me cringe. I work at a call center too and If I talked to someone like that quality would be on me and I'd be in some trouble. I have an eBay account and I was calling about what the exact requirements were to lift the 21-day hold. I don't have a problem with the hold at all, just wanted to know what I should be striving for. I think she might have thought that I was complaining? Started the call by laughing at the fact I was calling about $8 (first sale on this account) and informed me to go to eBay and check my seller portal for some reason? Snarkly told me that I was such a responsible seller she could just hear it in my voice and started laughing. At that point she thanked me for "calling her in the middle of the night". At that point I couldn't control my laughter and said goodbye. She also had me on mute for about 20 seconds for what I can only assume to be so I could hang up. Then laughed and said sorry I had myself on mute.

Lol anyone else experience something like this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@riverare

Omg.  

But this shall explain all:

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/Why-is-my-payment-from-a-sale-on-eBay-on-hold-FAQ1377

If you can't see article from the link, go to bottom of page Help & Contact > Help Topics > Problems > Funds Availability 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

eric
Contributor
Contributor

Just remember that they people and have to deal with a lot of different situations. A lot of times its a luck of the draw to be able to get someone that will make you feel like they are trying to help and pay attention. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.