Why cant i open another dispute on the same transaction about a different reason?

jordenh2k11
New Community Member

to begin i was disputing as the seller claimed the payment wasnt recived, however that was sorted and the claim was closeed. now i want to open a claim/dispute as i havent recived my items. every time i try it says "you have already used this transaction code in a claim pleas vistit the resultion centre

please help me out 🙂

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_david

Hi there Jordenh2k11,

If you had already opened a dispute previously, you wouldn't be able to open a second dispute on the transaction through your PayPal or eBay account.

If you had the previous dispute open on your PayPal account, you should try contacting customer services in PayPal. If the dispute was opened previously on eBay, you should try contacting eBay customer services. We may be able to reopen the previous case for you as it is a different dispute reason. 

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

jerrybb
Contributor
Contributor

I need to open another dispute - how do I go about contacting customer care? I have e-mailed Paypal twice, and have not received a reply even thought they promise to reply within 24 hours. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You cannot open another dispute for the same transaction if you closed it. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.