Payment for virtual goods that were stolen and resold

theenglishman
New Community Member

I recently purchased an account for the online game runescape. I payed a total of $8.06 US for the account, and was given the account no problem.

I logged on a few days later to find that the account had been stolen, and when I questioned the person I bought it from via skype he gloated about being in the process of reselling it to someone and making twice as much as I had given him.

I opened a dispute straight away, for him to say I was lying and the case was immediately closed without a proper resolution. Obviously I'd like to redispute it, but I can't open a second dispute claim so this is pretty much my only other shot at getting my money back. I can provide screenshots if required to.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I've only just noticed, the tracking number for the order was "**bleep**", how mature. If I'd noticed this before I would've recalled my money immediately, since it would've been obvious at the time he was attempting to make a free $8.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

I can understand your frustration.

You talk of a tracking number, was the item posted? Because with virtual items that are sent via email they aren’t covered by PayPal buyer or seller protection so any case opened would be closed and not investigated. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.