Someone stole my package.

mellos
Contributor
Contributor

I bought something from ebay. 

A few day after, I checked tracking from online which is EMS on usps and they show my package delivered.

But I couldn't find my package. I visited at post office.

Postman said she just put my package in front of mail box because I didn't stay in my home.

It means someone stole my package also I doubt postman.

Post officer said they will check problem and call back to me but they never call to me.

I contracted with ebay but they said they couldn't help me.

I'm foreinger and it's my first experience someone stole my package.

Should I call to police or contract with paypal or contract with usps?

Where can I get help??

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Andy

mellos-  I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you.  You would want to continue to work with the USPS as they're the one's that 'delivered' the item.  You could also contact law enforcement to see what their options are.  As far as PayPal or eBay, if you were to file a dispute chances are good that we wouldn't be able to cover you for the loss. 😞

If the seller can show tracking that the item was delivered (which it apparently was), we can't hold them responsible for it walking off.  They did their end, so we wouldn't make them responsible for the USPS's gaffe.

I wish you the best of luck getting this sorted out though.

Andy

Login to Me Too

smarciante
New Community Member

I'm confused. I returned an item , have tracking, shows delivered however no signature.

Does paypal have a written policy regarding tracking of packages?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

smarciante- I'm not sure what your particular situation is, but we do actually have our tracking requirements written down.  You would want to check out section 11.4 of our User Agreement for that.

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.