Another online tracking loophole

cheated1
Contributor
Contributor

I returned a "significantly not as described" Paypal purchased item via US Registered Mail to the address that Paypal provided me with.  A month later, the online status shows as "delivery attempted on x date".  Paypal sent me an email request for a copy of the registered mail receipt showing where I sent the item.  I called them and was assured that they would refund as long as the address on the label was legible.  Now they deny the claim stating that there is no proof of delivery.

I've been given the run around and told a variety of things over the phone.  I have an email now from them that restates that they won't refund without proof of delivery.

Unfortunately, that is out of my control.  Maybe the seller gave them the wrong address.  Maybe they gave me the wrong address.  Maybe the USPS website hasn't been updated.  Who knows.  It's unreasonable to hold the buyer to this standard.  Unlike many others, this is a trivial amount of money and it won't make or break me.  But I am big on principal and I will go to the mat to see the right thing done. Proof of mailing is legal documentation.  I want my refund.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

This is a scam some sellers use, they refuse delivery of the item, hoping paypal will not refund the buyer (you).

Paypal supposedly  put an end to this as long as it showed a delivery attempt, as your does.

You need to call paypal and let them know the USPS has tried delivery, and that the seller is refusing delivery of the item.

Login to Me Too

Moorlockx
New Community Member

If the seller has refused the package you will eventually know about it when it makes it's way back to you. Unfortunately, mail returns can sometimes take up to 2 months to make the trip so it may be a while before you know.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.