International shipment to australia.

hfinney
New Community Member

customer contacted me about an item.  I sent him a Paypal invoice and he paid it.

I shipped the item promptly via PRIORITY MAIL INTL ...w/ a tracking #.   It shows several scans by the 

post office.  the last one was in Miami FL (guessing where it got put on a plane)

Customer contacted me a month later to see where it was.  All i can do is track where i gave it to the post office.

I've never seen an Internation package status update to delivered...never seen an item scanned beyond the US border.

It went to Australia.  I have no clue about australian addressses...just that i sent the item to the address teh customer gave me.

I think he is a legit buyer.  And i certianly am.  The receiver submitted a claim via paypal ...i told them to look at the scans to prove i shipped it.  They ruled in his favor and granted a full refund (not even a fee reveral)

Is the lesson that for protection, i need to post it on ebay first?  Is this justice??

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

jayersgould
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue returning an item to China using International Priority Mail.  According to the USPS, you can't track an item once it's left the US unless you use the much more expensive Global Express mail option.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.