Paypal sides with buyer! DON'T USE PAYPAL

pibrew
Contributor
Contributor

The case that was opened against me was pitiful. I listed an auction on Ebay, the buyer paid for it using his credit card, I shipped it, the buyer gave me positive feedback and then 6 weeks later disputed the charges saying it was not authorized???  THE BUYER authorized it!!!!!  He used HIS credit card...I was not holding a gun to his head MAKING him pay for it.

The buyer was NEVER saying he didn't receive the item, but was saying even though HE entered his credit card information that it was not authorized!  ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  Of course, Paypal took his side on it.

I now have since tried to make contact with the buyer to get my item back and guess what???  HE WON'T RESPOND TO ME!!!!!!!!  So, now I guess I am out of luck.  Where is Paypal when I need MY rights looked after????  Oh...I know...they buyer is ALWAYS right!

I can't tell you how frustrated I am, but this buyer committing out and out fraud and Paypal HELPS him do it!  UNBELIEVABLE....stop and think about it.  PAYPAL IS HELPING PEOPLE COMMIT FRAUD!!!

PAYPAL IS HELPING PEOPLE COMMIT FRAUD!!!

PAYPAL IS HELPING PEOPLE COMMIT FRAUD!!!

Thanks for nothing Paypal.

Robert 

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@pibrew wrote:

I figured you would respond....the resident Paypal fanboy.  So, you assume that he has a stolen credit card, set up a fake a ebay account, give fake positive feedback, fake correspond  with me numerous times...give me a fake address to send it to...ok, your right, I give up.

You don't see what I am angry about...serious???  come on.

Chargebacks can happen to anyone.  The other poster is right because you did agree to Paypals terms of use, but there is something you have to understand.  When someone files a chargeback, PayPal fights on your behalf, but the credit card company makes the final choice and PayPal can't do anything about it. When you sell, you are acting as a business, and things like this happen to businesses, and you are responsible for it. If you're not ready to be and adult and take responsibility for your actions, don't use PayPal.

Login to Me Too

ajwildcat8
Contributor
Contributor

100% agree with the topic. PayPal could careless about the seller as long as they get their money and 'cut' from you. It's happened to me several times.

Login to Me Too

I3ongwat3r
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

And you could care less about the topic as long as you get your two cents of irrelevance in.

Personally i hope you get scammed it seems your susceptible already.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

And whats the problem, Paypal will cover the seller for unauthorized claims/chargebacks.  All you have to do is follow the Paypal seller protection Plan.

For sales totals less than $250.00 ship with online viewable tracking (d/c will do) which shows delivery to the address provided by paypal.

For sales of $250.00 or more you need online viewable signature confirmation.

When using ebay/paypal shipping D/C is free for priority mail packages.

Login to Me Too

pibrew
Contributor
Contributor

""""I3ongwat3r Member
Kudos: 7
Re: Paypal sides with buyer! DON'T USE PAYPAL

And you could care less about the topic as long as you get your two cents of irrelevance in.

Personally i hope you get scammed it seems your susceptible already."""

I forgot to mention that I get an email from Paypal saying, why don't you contact the buyer to see if he will send your merchandise back!!  Are you kiddin me?  That is your solution....the guy just committed fraud (with the help of Paypal) and they think he might send it back....REALLY.

As far as thr fool above me that posted he hopes someone gets scammed...you are a pitiful human being!

Login to Me Too

I3ongwat3r
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You can't fix stupid.

But you can learn  to read the user agreement.

Login to Me Too

redsox5o8
New Community Member

same exact thing happen to me. but the buyer waited 4 months before he opened a dispute/claim for a chargeback. i shipped the item with delivery confirmation/tracking number which shoed it was shipped to the buyers home address on paypal. paypal decided in the buyers favor and charged me a fee amount for $20.00 for what i dont know so im out $58.00

Login to Me Too

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@redsox5o8 wrote:

same exact thing happen to me. but the buyer waited 4 months before he opened a dispute/claim for a chargeback. i shipped the item with delivery confirmation/tracking number which shoed it was shipped to the buyers home address on paypal. paypal decided in the buyers favor and charged me a fee amount for $20.00 for what i dont know so im out $58.00

read my previous post before you post, and you would have your answer.

Login to Me Too

ZM
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree that paypal and credit companies did not look into the matter in depth.  Same thing happened to me - but with a group of obvious scammers rather than just one.  They used different identities and addresses (in the same area and zip code) to make over 25 purchases in 3 months,  then about 2 months after the purchases, they filed UNAUTHORIZED CHARGEABLE cases for all of them.  I have tracking and delivered proof for ALL the packages. 

During the process of the case investigation, some of the scammers use the SAME credit card to buy again!  I provided those additional evidences to paypal telling them that those people are using the same card to purchase again during the investigation period.  Isn't is if you found out that you card has been used "unauthorized", you will cancel your card immediately???  Would you still keep the card and still use the same card knowing that someone is using it "unauthorized"??  This are obviously scams!! 

So I have been receiving UNAUTHORIZED CHARGEBACK cases everyday for 2 months straight since April this year from "different buyers".  And finally all cases have been closed last week - TOTAL OF over $4,500 ALL BUYERS WINNING THE CASES!! In addition, I have to pay $20 per case so for over 25 cases I have lost an additional $500!!! 

I understand about the terms and conditions that we agreed when signing up for paypal service.  However I am still very disappointed at paypal and the credit card companies the effort of their study as I truly don't believe this is really "unauthorized" as they keep using the card over and over again, even during the dispusing process!! 

If paypal and credit card companies looked into this more in depth - can't they find out the similarities of the transactions:

1. Whole bunch of people in the same area all have their cards stolen at the same time and they all arrange to file chargeback together at the same time??

2. Say if it's a "real" stolen card case - will the owner of the card just keep the card active expose himself to more risk for more unauthorized chargebacks? Isn't that common sense to cancel the card right away after the first notification of "unauthorized" transaction?

3. All packages are tracked and signed - will someone spend the time to investigate the address and the receivers signature before deciding that it's the sellers' responsibilities for the scams??

PS: Today I receive one more order by these people again!!  They still keep trying!! 

Login to Me Too

seriouslybummed
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to hear about this problem. Unfortunately, in business and in life sh** sometimes happens and there's no fixing it.  It sounds like your buyer played you for a fool just for kicks. You know you can respond to his feedback, don't you? If there's still time, add a note saying he left pos fb for you but then 4 mos later filed a case against you to get a refund. Keep it clean and neutral. You may not get your money or merchandise back but it makes a powerful statement and might help others avoid the same thing with him. That's as close to a fix as you're likely to get.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.