Is it possible to reverse a claim back to a simple dispute?

Ferrari353
Contributor
Contributor

Alright so I recently bought a laptop from somebody and I paid with PayPal.  I got the laptop, everything was fine, except it was supposed to come with a warranty, yet when I checked the warranty on Dell's website, it said it was registered to the UK (when it was supposed to be the US) and there was no warranty associated with it (when there should have been).  Anyway, he showed me the original invoice, and it clearly showed there was a warranty and it was purchased in the US and he said when he called Dell, they said it was a site error that they were working on fixing.  Anyway, the 45-day mark was coming up so I informed him I'd be filing a dispute just to give us more time to resolve the problem.  So I filed the dispute on the 43rd day I think (and I think today is the 45th) and I guess he wasn't that familiar with the whole dispute system so he escalated it to a claim and sent PayPal the invoice and proof that there was in fact a warranty.  He didn't understand that with a dispute, it can stay between us and we can resolve it ourselves and now as a claim, PayPal will probably decide on a return which would be a huge hassle for both of us.  Anyway, after much explanation, he now understands what I was trying to do with the dispute and that I'm not trying to fight him for a refund or return or anything, and that I was trying to buy us more time, so I was wondering if there was any way to push that claim back down to a dispute so PayPal won't get involved (unless further action is required)?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.