PayPal is **bleep**ing Me Over

Venom827

Hello Everyone, First off I'll start with a little back story to explain everything. In February of 2011 I decided to sell my Tickets to the Miami Heat @ Boston Celtics Game on eBay. We had dealt with selling tickets several times before and there were no problems. So I sold these tickets, Game Day comes and goes and about a month later I get an Email from PayPal claiming that the Credit Card being used to Purchase the Tickets had come back as Stolen. So now PayPal wants ME to remburse the owner of the PayPal Account for a game that I could've went to see myself. So I lose out on seeing the game and I basically just **bleep** away the tickets for free.

So basically what they are trying to say is that the person who supposedly stole this other persons credit card not only got to go to the game for free but I am supposed to pay them back? Ridiclious! I could've gone to the game myself and had a great time. Why should a theif get a free ride? What happened to PayPal Seller Protection? and why in the world should I have to pay for it? PayPal is basically saying that this person not only had access to the PayPal account along with their credit card AND their eBay account. Seems a little suspicious that a FULL MONTH had gone by before anything was noticed, You don't just wake up one day and not notice an Unauthorized Transaction for over $400. 

So now they expect me to lose out on seeing a great game, but also want $400+ from me. Then on top of that they even kick you in the balls by charging $12 for a Reversal Fee. So much for their statement about security and how they 'Prevent Unauthorized Transactions before they even happen with the latest Anti-Fraud Technology.' Because of this I've had to place a permenant hold on my account so PayPal can't take out the funds. The Good Guy is always getting **bleep**ed over. Let's let a Credit Card Thief go to a Free Basketball Game and then make the honest law abiding citizen PAY for them to go to the game. They won't see a dime from me as far as I'm concerned. 

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

gentlejax
Contributor
Contributor

wow. is paypal the mafia now. that **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

Nutrition8
New Community Member

hello friend i believe you and all and that's very bad news to wake up and see paypal probably thinks when stuff like that goes on that the seller had something to do with the bad transaction i am just saying you have to look at things at there prospective to you know not cause there out to get you and i am not taking sides something my father always said there's  nothing new under the sun

Login to Me Too

BigDStars187
Contributor
Contributor

Exact same thing happend to me .i sold World Series tickets for $1500 ..few months later .. FEW months later.. hey! I get $1500 take out of my accont and get told all the same crap you were told . now im litteraly in the exact situation your in..why am I not suprised that paypal hasn't responded to your / our claims yet....

Login to Me Too

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@BigDStars187 wrote:

Exact same thing happened to me, I sold World Series tickets for $1500 .. Few months later ... FEW months later.. Hey! I get $1500 take out of my account and get told all the same crap you were told . Now I'm literaly in the exact situation your in..why am I not surprised that paypal hasn't responded to your / our claims yet....

Well what do you expect to happen? Person found a unauthorized charge and they did a chargeback, card company sided with that person, and Paypal refunded them the money. Do you expect PayPal to take the loss in this? When you sell anything on eBay or wherever, you're acting as a business, and things like this happen every so often to businesses, and they write it as a loss, which is what you should do, or PayPal will try to collect it from you, and if that doesn't work you will go to a collection agency. If that doesn't work you're acct will be closed til you pay, and it may affect your credit...

Login to Me Too

Dave_Barney
Contributor
Contributor

To the brown-nosing "redpower"  who asks "do you really expect paypal to cover this?" and the four kudo-ers.   I agree with the OP,   YES we expect either ebay or paypal to cover this.  They are the ones with all the large print saying Seller protection,  and baity phrases like "we got you covered"   On top of this, ebay ends listings when they even contain the word "cash"  and publicly state that they don't allow their sellers to accept cash, because it is not a "safe form of payment"

Not safe for their pocketbook I think they mean.  So after a company goes against the legal tender for all debts public AND PRIVATE,  slandering it as "unsafe"  Yes we expect them to cover it.  Yes indeed we do.    By the way,  I don't require ebay or paypal's permission for anything I do.  I am a free person living in the modern day fascist military industrial complex police state called the USA.  Free only because I do what I want regardless of rules or laws.  Funny that  ebay and paypal are actually printed on the postage now.  The govt has become unified with corporations, banks, car manufacturers etc, This is so wrong.  I have to end this post before I puke on my keyboard.

Login to Me Too

MichaeLori
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

What about proof of shipment - does it help ?

I guess this charge should go on the guy who lost the card - when did he claim he lost it ?

He probably does not claim it before the transaction date - so he is responsible.

Login to Me Too

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Dave_Barney wrote:

To the brown-nosing "redpower"  who asks "do you really expect paypal to cover this?" and the four kudo-ers.   I agree with the OP,   YES we expect either ebay or paypal to cover this.  They are the ones with all the large print saying Seller protection,  and baity phrases like "we got you covered"   On top of this, ebay ends listings when they even contain the word "cash"  and publicly state that they don't allow their sellers to accept cash, because it is not a "safe form of payment"

Not safe for their pocketbook I think they mean.  So after a company goes against the legal tender for all debts public AND PRIVATE,  slandering it as "unsafe"  Yes we expect them to cover it.  Yes indeed we do.    By the way,  I don't require ebay or paypal's permission for anything I do.  I am a free person living in the modern day fascist military industrial complex police state called the USA.  Free only because I do what I want regardless of rules or laws.  Funny that  ebay and paypal are actually printed on the postage now.  The govt has become unified with corporations, banks, car manufacturers etc, This is so wrong.  I have to end this post before I puke on my keyboard.

10.1 Your Liability. You are responsible for all Reversals, Chargebacks, Claims, fees, fines, penalties and other liability incurred by PayPal, a User, or a third party caused by or arising out of your breach of this Agreement, and/or your use of the PayPal Services. You agree to reimburse PayPal, a User, or a third party for any and all such liability

Just saying....

Login to Me Too

revravyid

If you look through PayPal's "Protection Policy", you will notice they arent really saying anything. They use key phrases to make you think they are going to back you up should you get blamed for a bad purchase. They are just bankers passing the buck. I am sure it isnt legal, but who has the funds to go against a fascist autocracy such as Paypal or Ebay? PayPal is superceding money law by only allowing electronic fund transfers. I believe they are just opening the door to a "One world money" form. Just like the bankers that developed and introduced the Federal Reserve, we are in for an interesting time ahead of us.

PayPal can give away your money as long as you let them. It seems they are biting the hand that feeds them, but then again, they make the rules.

Login to Me Too

Dave_Barney
Contributor
Contributor

You are responsible for all Reversals, Chargebacks, Claims, fees, fines, penalties and other liability incurred by PayPal, a User, or a third party caused by or arising out of your breach of this Agreement, and/or your use of the PayPal Services. You agree to reimburse PayPal, a User, or a third party for any and all such liability

So technically speaking,  according to Preypal,  it's ebay sellers whom are it's paying customers, are responsible even for all of the "penalties",  ( penalties for credit card and identity theft could  include jail time, wage garnishment,  and limitations imposed on free trade such as ability to hold a checking account etc)     So paypal in it's user agreement  lays even criminal penalties upon not guilty fools who are stupid enough to agree to such preposterous terms, and make an honest living using ebay whom requires it's users to accept paypal which requires them to agree to go to jail for acts committed by others and also pay for any car crash injuries the identity theif causes on his way to the internet cafe to make the fake order to your ebay item.   The terms used are so vague I hardly believe they could possibly  be legal.  You can not just waive criminal liability onto another via fine print in a contract.   The user agreement could not be legal.  Paypal should lose any competent challenge to this in any competent court.  What do you think?   Are you ready to do the theif's jail time?  Do you still agree even after your sixth month of incarceration and 97'th serving of unsalted undercoooked lima beans?   This amounts to a userous and illegal contract.  But heck, monopolies are illegal too, but we don't see that enforced,  instead we see paypal and ebay BOTH on the us postage?  Maybe that's why ebay claims money is not safe,   they want their logo on it too?    Let's enforce the monopoly and antitrust laws that paypal violates first.   I think that's a better idea than me serving time for somebody else,  which is paypal's idea.   Fine print should be given proportional weight to the fine-ness of the print.   The large print should have more weight in court.   Now I bet your brain is smoking?    Can you process it?   ~ Winning

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.