Bank reverses payment???

lightblurs
Contributor
Contributor

So after the buyer paid me, i shipped the item and got this email from paypal

"We were recently notified that a payment you received was reversed by the buyer’s bank. A bank reversal can be requested by the bank itself or the bank account holder."

I give paypal the tracking number and the fact that buyer has already received the item. It has been 15 days since but no news from paypal. What do you guys think, will I get the money the buyer owes me???

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Helmute
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello Lightblurs,

Well this doesn't seem right 😞 We have seller protection for just these circumstances and sounds like your followed everything.  Just a few questions and I should be able to clear this up.

Did you check the eligibility for seller protection in the transaction details? Was is sent to the address we provided in the transaction details? Does the tracking number reflect this information? Did you send it out within 7 days? Is there anything in your resolution center to respond too?

If you said yes to all these you should be covered under seller protection and the money should be returned to you.

Let me know.

**Helmute**

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Likely not, in a bank reversal.

Was this an echeck payment or a debit payment?

Login to Me Too

lightblurs
Contributor
Contributor

It was a debit payment..   Oh and by the way now it says that he is no longer a registered user of ebay.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

That's because he misbehaved with other people.

Sorry, I think you're pooched on this one.

Login to Me Too

lightblurs
Contributor
Contributor

Oh well.. although it was 100 dollars but the cell phone was lying around the house  anyway..

Thanks for your reply, I am starting to loose my confidence in ebay.. Anyway to avoid this from happening in the future??

Should I wait a couple of days before shipping the item??

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Should I wait a couple of days before shipping the item??

That's the solution I use.  Seems to work most of the time.

Login to Me Too

OKINAWA78
Contributor
Contributor

ALWAYS LIST ON YOUR E-BAY ITEM WHEN SELLING WILL SHIP WITHIN 1-2 DAYS --> AFTER<----- THE PAYMENT CLEARS. THIS WAY THE BUYER HAS NO IDEA WHEN AND IF YOU RECEIVED THE PAYMENT. THEN WHEN YOU GET THE MONEY IN HAND MOVE IT TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT OUTSIDE OF PAYPAL. THEN MAIL THE ITEM  TO THE BUYER. THIS WAY WHEN HE TRIES TO SCAM YOU YOU ALREADY HAVE THE CASH.

Login to Me Too

christopherf
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah but if you get scammed and you have the cash already and your account goes in a negative balance what then?

I did that now i got a neg ballance so I cant use paypal which i planed on doin. Was going to buy like very good computer.... anyways  even if i did close the bank account and it wasnt in my name to start with it still isnt right paypal shouldnt let that guy keep scamming people.  Paypal is spose to be a usser friendly way to use your money i havent had anything but a headach out of this.  It seems like there looking out for the big guys while the little guys can get squished!

I mean to resolve a case shouldnt they atleast put both partyies on 3 way or something?

Login to Me Too

lightblurs
Contributor
Contributor

"THEN WHEN YOU GET THE MONEY IN HAND MOVE IT TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT OUTSIDE OF PAYPAL"

But can't paypal take money directly out of your bank account if needed. It does that for my ebay payments (seller fees) without asking for my permission.

Login to Me Too

OKINAWA78
Contributor
Contributor

I was just talking about when you receive a payment from a buyer,Smiley Happy then move the money into another bank account other than your paypal. I believe he or she was saying how they got paid but before they could get their money the buyer pulled a fast one and had the bank stop the payment. If you put their payment somewhere else the scammer can't have his bank get that money back. I believe the seller mailed the item out also before the payment cleared. I was saying never send the item out until you have the money in hand. Scammers rely on good honest people who mail the item right out before the payment clears, they then receive the item then cancel the payment. They hope that you will either not know how to go about getting your money or item back or just write it off. I never, ever, send the item out until I have the payment then move it to another account outside of paypal. The scammers bank can't get money from your paypal account without going though the proper channels and then the scammers will be screened out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.