HELP!! I'm worried that I won't receive my refund

channy
Contributor
Contributor

Hey everyone, this is my first ever problem with paypal...I've been buying and selling on ebay for more than a year now, but this whole frustration is making me consider to stop using the service. Basically, what happened was that a seller tried to scam me with a fake item, and right after the purchase, he unregistered himself. Okay, great, I think. I open a case on ebay, contact my bank and tell them to annul my payment. Now all I have to do is return the fake goods, I've still got my money, case closed, it's fine. Apparently not. A week later, I find that my balance is negative: paypal had paid him instead, so now I have to pay them. I call them, and all I get is, I have to pay out my negative balance, and then wait for that seller to refund me. I'm in the waiting process now, but what do I do if he refuses to pay. 'Oh, we'll help you file a claim, they say.' Yeah, sure. Also wondering whether this buyer protection thing ever works out to us victims' favor. Will paypal pay me back, if that lousy fraud doesn't?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.