Worst company to try to resolve a purchase

NINARIA127
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone agree that PayPal has the WORST system to dispute a charge if there are unusual circumstances, and not ones that are listed in their "dropdowns?"   I cannot get anyone to understand my problem because I have a unique problem and need to speak to a "live person!"  They have made a decision that is not supported with accurate information and I have no idea as to how to address this!  Any ideas would be appreciated.  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NINARIA127 

Hmmm, I see.

Try this link:

https://www.paypal.com/il/uploaddoc

Put as much info as possible...any reference numbers/case IDs.

I do say, keep contacting them until you can get to someone through the message center or if possible dispute it as billing error by mail, or file a case with BBB.org under PayPal San Jose, CA to get the office of executive escalations to review your case. 

It is tough to get a hold of someone these days. Funny thing is I'd read recently about people being able to reach a rep by calling (they never say what number lol..can't trust it or give a method that is not currently valid like the "Call Us" link on the contact page, I only see "Message Us"). Some say contacting through social media didn't help. Maybe it depends on time of day when you try. Best to try earlier during business hours. Also try online chat. Click the Help page while logged in and see if the chat window shows up.

At worse, maybe return the item if you didn't use it yet and get your entire payment back. And buy it again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NINARIA127 

What was your unusual situation?

Login to Me Too

NINARIA127
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase through Apple as a college student that offered a promotion for set of Airpods for $40.00, but was charged full price, or $212.93. Originally, Paypal provided a refund to my account and then requested I send my Apple invoice.  While I was in the process of sending the invoice, I accidentally sent the email back without properly uploading the invoice and had (and still don't have) any way to send my invoice.  As a result, Paypal has stated that they will be taking back the refund on November 20 because I wasn't able to provide the documentation they requested.  After I sent the email back, I immediately realized that I didn't properly upload the invoice so I emailed it to them, messaged them to let them know what happened, and emailed them again, to no avail.  Thanks

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NINARIA127 

Hmmm, I see.

Try this link:

https://www.paypal.com/il/uploaddoc

Put as much info as possible...any reference numbers/case IDs.

I do say, keep contacting them until you can get to someone through the message center or if possible dispute it as billing error by mail, or file a case with BBB.org under PayPal San Jose, CA to get the office of executive escalations to review your case. 

It is tough to get a hold of someone these days. Funny thing is I'd read recently about people being able to reach a rep by calling (they never say what number lol..can't trust it or give a method that is not currently valid like the "Call Us" link on the contact page, I only see "Message Us"). Some say contacting through social media didn't help. Maybe it depends on time of day when you try. Best to try earlier during business hours. Also try online chat. Click the Help page while logged in and see if the chat window shows up.

At worse, maybe return the item if you didn't use it yet and get your entire payment back. And buy it again.

Login to Me Too

NINARIA127
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your advice sharpiemarker!  I'll certainly take it into account.  I can't return the purchase because it was a promotional offer by Apple.  I purchased a laptop for my daughter and because she's a college student, I was offered the promotion.  It's so frustrating. 

This was my second problem with Paypal. I purchased three schoolbooks for my daughter in September via Paypal and never received them.  The problem was that they were not listed under my Paypal purchases, even though I have emails proving the sales went through Paypal.  Consequently, I lost out to a scammer, who apparently had three different websites "selling" college school books.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.