Cancelled purchased Item. please help where is fund if not with merchant?

Rose988
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I am a buyer. I bought a purifier in early June from a company in America. few days after purchase money left my account and I was waiting or the product. A day later I found something in the UK which was similar so decided to cancel the American product. I called and emailed and they confirmed I had cancelled and the money also should return to me as on their side of Paypal it shows as item was cancelled before dispatch. I have been waiting since then to get my refund back but to no luck. I spoke to the American company and they are adamant they don't havee the money said that it was trapped in PayPals holding account. notified Paypal in disputes and Paypal responded that the payment was authorised so there would be no refund. has anyone had this happen to them, where their money just disappeared into thin air? please help if you can, this has been going on since June 

I can understand why PayPal has closed case because I did authorise the payment at first and then cancelled with merchant. however there was not other option to choose is disputes apart from 'I received an item not as described' , I want to report an unauthorised activity' and I have a billing enquiry'.

if I had clicked on billing enquiry Paypal only gave me the option to give correct billing amount for which needs to be a number and can't be 0. or to report a subscription which it isn't. 

The purchase shows as 'cleared' under payments and 'cleared sent' rather than complete or pending for refund. the payment status shows 'Complete' on my account whereas it shows 'Cancelled' on the merchants PayPal account screen. so merchant says they don't have it

Cancelled purchased Item and still no refund from seller or PayPal- please help? 

please help? where can the money be?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.