Withdrawing the money from PayPal account (suspended for more than 7 months)

omid_k
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have a PayPal account with about $12,300 on it.

I open my account when I wan living in UAE, and now, I am living in Sweden.

About 7 months ago, PayPal suspended my account.

I called them when the account was suspended, and they told me that I have to wait 180 days.

I waited for 180 days, and the called them back. They said that I can transfer the funds to a friend's PayPal account, and I should send them an email with proof of identity and proof of address.

I did what they asked me, but then there was no response from them.

I have called them more than 20 times since then, and each time they say they escalate it to the people in charge of it.

But again, no result.

I asked them for help on Twitter, and they say that the only way I can get my money back, is to link a US bank account.

I told them that I can't get a US bank account, since I am not a US citizen, and I don't have a social security number, but they don't listen and keep telling me that I should get a US bank account.

Does anyone have an idea how to get my money back?

I am thinking about suing PayPal for this. They have been keeping my money for 7 months and 21 days up to this day.

Any help is highly appreciated. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi omid_k, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Have you created a new PayPal account in Sweden? If you have created and verified a Swedish account, we may be able to request the funds are transferred to the new account for you. A currency conversion may apply due to the different currency balances on the 2 accounts. 

I understand you have already contacted our Customer Support team but please reach out to us by phone, email, Facebook or Twitter. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

omid_k
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Siobhan and thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have created and verified an account in Sweden.

I have also sent two different emails to PayPal and provided them with both my new PayPal account email and also a friend's email (who I can trust).

Any of those accounts would work for me.

During my early phone calls with PayPal support they told me that it is possible to transfer the funds to a friend's account. They asked me to send a proof of address and proof of identity and I did what they told me. But it had not result.

Also, I can provide PayPal with my bank account number in Sweden, in case, if it is possible to transfer the funds to my bank account.

I have called PayPal more than 20 times. Last time, the support agent told me that all she can do is escalate the ticket, even if I call 100 more times!

I have also reached out to PayPal via Twitter, and they keep telling me that I should get a US bank account, something that is practically impossible for me, since I am not a US citizen and don't have a US SSN.

I am willing to take any step required to get my money back. It is a big amount for me, and I am in urgent need of it.

Thanks again for your reply.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @omid_k,

I'm sorry for the difficulty you've encountered and the incorrect information received. An account that is limited and cannot be resolved would typically not be allowed to transfer funds to an account under someone else's name. I apologize for the confusion caused by the fact that this was ever presented as an option. 

It seems that you have already contacted customer service and a teammate has sent a request for the movement of funds to your new account. Subsequent contacts have resulted in representatives requesting that the ticket be reviewed, as well as another suggestion for resolution. I regret that you are unable to add a US bank.

The community forum can only assist with general help. Account-specific assistance can only be provided through customer service. I would suggest allowing some time for the request that you have submitted to be evaluated, and following up again if no response is received.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

omid_k
Contributor
Contributor
It has been more than 9 months since PayPal has limited my account and has been keeping my money (more than $12,440). I wonder what the status of my request is. I can't believe what I have gone through, and yet, I haven't been able to get my money back, my own money! In these uncertain times, many companies and individuals are trying to help other people. It's a real shame that PayPal is doing this to me and many others like me.
Login to Me Too

Jammymarm
New Community Member
Did you ever get your money? Please describe what you have to do in order to help others with the same problem.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.