Trouble lifting account limitation with Letter of Authorization (business account)

KTCFruit
Contributor
Contributor

KTCFruit_0-1579582791249.png

Hi all,

So one day I received this account alert. I have uploaded all the required documents. But then the Letter of Authorization was denied twice. The first time, I got the Deputy CEO to signed it. Paypal said I should have got the one with name on the business registration to sign it. So the second time, I got the CEO to sign it. But they still reply with the same content:

"Thank you for submitting the requested documentation. We have reviewed the information you provided, but until all requirements are met, we cannot lift the limitation on your account. We would appreciate your help to complete the steps outlined below, so we can review your account further.

Please copy and paste the following link (https://www.paypal.com/policy/hub/cip) to your browser and log in to your PayPal account to submit your documents.

---------------------------
Letter of Authorization
---------------------------

The document we received from you could not be accepted as a Letter of Authorization. This document needs to be signed by an authorized manager or owner and give the holder and operators the right to act on behalf of your business. Please provide us with a valid document.

- Account holder is not listed

IMPORTANT NOTE:
• This document needs to be signed by an authorized manager or owner, giving the account holder and operators the right to act on behalf of the business.
• This document is required only if the individual operating the PayPal account is NOT listed on the business ownership/registration documents.
• Must show the first name, last name and position of the authorized representative.
• Must include date and signature.
• Must include the official company name and email address registered on the PayPal account.
• The document must be fully visible. Partial documents cannot be accepted as a valid Letter of Authorization.

To access the template for the Letter of Authorization, copy and paste the following link into the address bar:  https://www.paypalobjects.com/digitalassets/c/compliance/ch/en/loa.pdf" 

Now I cannot understand what is really a problem here. Because I have got the CEO, the one has his name on the business registration paper, to sign the Letter of Authorization. I really cannot understand what does it mean "Account holder is not listed" because I have listed 1 person to hold the account in the LoA.

Please help me out. I have tried to sent email to Paypal but no reply.

Thank you so much

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @KTCFruit,

Uh oh - I understand how frustrating and confusing the restrictions can be. I'll do what I can to help.

Regarding the Letter of Authorization, when it says the account holder is not listed, it means the PayPal account holder isn't listed in the letter. You need to ensure the letter is signed by the CEO and gives the person who is listed on the PayPal account authorization to run it in the name of the business. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

vtee1
Contributor
Contributor

I am the CEO, shareholder and account holder of my company. I have submitted the documents 4 times to paypal and my account is still limited. There are issues with the policy/hub/cip link. Paypal  does allow me to resubmit documents into the link as it has been submitted. I have to email 'rubi' my the letter. Have the letter rejected because it is not secure and email again to notify about the rejection. Wait for a week for a reply, get no reply. Email Paypal again. get another email notifying 'The Signatory is not an authorized person'.

Login to Me Too

JenPaterson
Contributor
Contributor

I have just had this issue - whatever I upload on the site is not seen on their end.  Incredibly frustrating to find out this issue has been going on a year.  I am now filling in a form to email to them.

Login to Me Too

KTCFruit
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_AshleyM ,

Thank you for your answer. However I have listed 1 person as the account holder in the letter. I try to submit again, then receive this email:

As a regulated financial institution we're required to collect and verify certain information about you. We did not receive a copy of valid Photo ID of the individual "xxxx" mentioned in letter of authorization as authorized person. You need to verify your identity by providing us with a valid proof of identity.

What is a valid proof of identity?

We accept a copy of:
  - Your national ID card (front and back),
  - Your driving license (front and back),
  - Your Passport, or
  - Other photo ID that was issued by a government body

All of the information below must be visible on the document:
  - First and last name
  - Date of birth
  - Date of issue and expiry
  - Document ID number

Note: The document needs to be fully visible. Partial documents cannot be accepted as a valid proof of identity.

So I resubmit again with that person's passport image in the same pdf file with the letter. But it is still be rejected without any reason. Paypal have just email me that the account has been limited. Please help me what we have done wrong?? I have message Paypal via facebook, but no reply too

Login to Me Too

Karandelfin
New Community Member

Hi,

We've done just that. Listed the name and surname of the account holder (our CEO) in the Letter of Authorization and it was still denied. I tried contacting Paypal 5 times and we always receive the same answer. It is like they don't even look at the attachment. We are frustrated beyond belief as it is the 3rd week now that we are trying to lift account limitations.

Jan

Login to Me Too

rudolfryanperez
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ashley, my company is also facing the same problem. I have submitted all the documents, I am authorizing myself and I am the owner. This have been going for weeks now and Paypal is replying I am not authorize, how could that be? I am authorizing myself. Please help

Login to Me Too

yanblue1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I would like to know how did you resolved the account limitation? We are currently having the same issue with our account. We have submitted the necessary requirements needed and the Letter of Authorization for countless of times but still PAYPAL declined or denied it. Resolution Center in our account is not displaying anything even if we searched the case number given it only says "no pending case on queue". We tried to call customer service but theres none due to COVID19. Tried also to send a message but it will only instruct to go to resolution center which is of no help. Anyone here has solution?

Login to Me Too

Nerou118
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, Can I ask how did you resolve this issue? I am also having the same issue and it’s 3 weeks now with Paypal returning me the same canned response letter as if they are not even looking at the attachment, not reading or understanding it at all even in my company papers it’s stated I am the sole owner of the company this is frustrating beyond belief
Login to Me Too

Forizon
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem, i am the owner, i signed the LOA but Paypal keep saying the "The signatory is not an authorized person".

They also said " This document is required only if the individual operating the PayPal account is NOT listed on the business ownership/registration documents.".

For my case, i am the business owner and i am operating the Paypal account by myself. So by right i should not have to submit any LOA at the first place. But Paypal kept asking me to submit the LOA and kept rejecting it.

I have no idea what Paypal wants.

Anyone has any idea what to do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.