Submitting new claim when one has been denied?

pristle
Contributor
Contributor

I (foolishly) bought a battery from who I(again foolishly) thought was a New Zealand based merchant. Turns out they're actually Chinese or Hong Kong based, depending on which rabbit hole you go down.

My initial claim was for non delivery. The premise was that the item would in hand in 7-10 days. Which was a requirement as I required the battery to repair a family members laptop before they emigrated to Europe. After not getting any response to emails sent to the seller, on day 12 I reported the delay to PayPal concerned that there had been a case of non delivery.

As it happens the item was dispatched on day 13 after order was placed and took 5 days to get to me. I updated PayPal of the situation.

Since it was too late for the intended machine, I tested the battery on one of my spare (3yo) laptops. Lo and behold the battery has proved defective. It initially would only charge to 91%, and discharged to machine shutdown within an hour (the 3yo battery lasts for nearly 3 hours!). After putting it back on the charger, it'll only charge to 7%.

I advised the seller AND PayPal of this development. Failing to get a response from the seller, I raised a RMA via their website. I then notified PayPal of this action too.

PayPal however, disregarded my updates in my communications and denied my claim based on the original claim which was non-delivery, as I've received the item. At no point was I able to amend my claim from non-delivery to faulty or incorrect goods. The addenda were just disregarded.

I'm still awaiting a response re the RMA from the seller.Even when I've attempted a second RMA.

When I try raise another issue with respect to this transaction I get presented with " Your cased has been resolved". Any new queries need to be 'unauthorised access' or 'billing issue'.

What recourse do I have?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pristle 

Have to contact customer service to change claim reason if the option is not available due to PayPal closing the case on you due to delivery of item:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

And let me get this straight: you placed order, then 12 days of hearing crickets, you open a INR dispute and then on day 13, the seller decides to ship item? What in tarnations is that all about? lol Seller figures they get paid on just listing items for sale and forget about shipping? Pshht. So glad I do not order online much.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pristle 

Have to contact customer service to change claim reason if the option is not available due to PayPal closing the case on you due to delivery of item:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

And let me get this straight: you placed order, then 12 days of hearing crickets, you open a INR dispute and then on day 13, the seller decides to ship item? What in tarnations is that all about? lol Seller figures they get paid on just listing items for sale and forget about shipping? Pshht. So glad I do not order online much.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

pristle
Contributor
Contributor

Contacted the call desk, who have reset the claim to 'item or service different from description'. So the ball begins to roll again.

Was about to press 'submit' when an email advice came through from PayPal stating they will be processing a refund.

Thank you "sharpiemarker (Esteemed Advisor)"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.