Stopping payment for a scam through your credit card (vs going through PP dispute)

imasuker
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - I got suckered by one of the many scams people write about here. Paid $50 for something, came from China, got something totally different (could be argued that it's damaged). Seller wants me to send back to China, which of course is too expensive to be worth it. They did offer to refund me 50% so I could just take a loss and be done - but I want to fight this out of principal.

So my question is this- I paid for the items using a credit card on PayPal. Should I just dispute the charge on my credit card and let them deal with it? Or will it eventually escalate back to me somehow? If I don't finish the dispute on PayPal, or actually send the item back, will my credit card not back the dispute? If I see my dispute all the way to the end I imagine it will be a looong time before I ever get the money back, if it all. Through my card, I'm pretty sure it will be refunded on my next statement, but not sure what the downside of this is.

Thanks , H

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.