Shopto.net Paypal Unauthorised Payment

bluedove19
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am seeking for some help here on this forum.

I am victim of this company Shopto.net fraud as a payment was made from my account under Entertainment category they say which I have no clue whatsoever . A payment of £30 from my account to shopto.net and now I have no where to go.  I have reported this issue to Paypal via resolution centr but been told they cannot see any unauthorised activity with this payment. How is this possible that my hard earned money is taken from my account and Paypal cannot do anything about it.

Is there anything further I can do to get my money back?

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @bluedave19 thank you for reaching out to PayPal Community Forum. Sometimes the company has different name on the website that's why we can't recognized the charges. Since you already reported it to PayPal and as what you'be said it was closed as we didn't see unauthorized activity. If the security system checked the IP address and appeared the same then the transaction was made using the same device that you are using whenever you log in to your account. If ever that can be a payment for goods or services that you never received. We can reopen the case for you and change it from Unauthorized to Item not received. It won't show on your end. I suggest please contact us through our chat support channel by accessing the  Message Center page of your PayPal account. Look for the Chat support option and you will get to interact with our customer service. Please provide the case id number of the claim that you have previously filed or the transaction ID number so we can verify the eligibility of the transaction and file the correct claim for you. ***If this post or any other was helpful, you may enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.***Stay safe and take care.
Login to Me Too

bluedove19
Contributor
Contributor

Yes that didn't help either. My case was closed in haste and no help has been provided to me. If it were a bank they would have fully investigated and provided me with my refund. Paypal is not offering me that I have tried to put my complaint through and asked for escalation and been informed this is not possible either. I am very disappointed with overall experience of this. 

Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi I apologize if we didn't meet your expectation. But,if you can please get in touch with us via Chat or Email so we can assist you further,that will be great. You may not have an opportunity to escalate it due to incorrect reason like Unauthorized,if it was payment for goods or services that you never received we can atleast reopen your case for the most appropriate reason.
Login to Me Too

bluedove19
Contributor
Contributor

Okay here I am again. It has been over a month now and going through multiple Paypal chats as phone calls are not available. Spoken to nearly two dozen advisers on chat and all putting this in seller favour. I asked for email used to pay for this shopping and been advised some sort of Playstation code was purchased from this seller. I have no playstation and never made an account on Shopto.net still they refusing this. Oddly when I raised this with paypal and they promised to raise this as "item not received" because my initial claim for "unauthorised payment" was unsuccessful - adviser at Paypal assured me that this will get the refund back-shopto.net send me an email to review item? how is this possible ?

This is definitely known by SHopto.net and PAypal as potential fraud but Paypal is not helping me at all. I have asked for escalation, review and even to speak to someone at Paypal they make wrong promises and never get back. Its my hard earned money and taken away by scammer and very sad Paypal didn't help me. I will keep raising this until someone hear and resolve this matter

Is there anything else I can do?

Please advise. 

Login to Me Too

Mohsen2020
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, the same thing happened to me today. Someone used my account to make 6 purchases (£42.80 each) from shopto.me without my permission. Did you manage to get a refund? PayPal has closed my case without any information. 

Login to Me Too

bluedove19
Contributor
Contributor

@Mohsen2020  Unfortunately nothing happened after repeated attempts to log this as a case with Paypal they refused all my evidence. Repeatedly been on the phone with shopto.net - but they are the rudest people I have ever seen. Nobody helped me even Paypal simply closed the case without further investigations. They asked me to check with shopto.net but as you know they will never help you. I am pretty sure shopto.net are aware as someone took money from my account without my consent. 

In short exhausted all options and posted here to alert others too. Best you can do is put 2F on paypal but is it worth it I dont know. I am very sad too as my hard earned money was taken from my account and I wasted even more on calls, frustration and lengthy chats to no avail...avoid

Login to Me Too

JamesGallagher
Contributor
Contributor

This exact thing has just happened to me - multiple identical payments coming from shopto.net at 12:30am - which I've never used or heard of before. After immediately disputing this with PayPal, they quickly closed the case stating 'the transactions were not unauthorised'.

This is clearly unusual and suspicious behaviour on my account. PayPal are impossible to get in contact with and after trying on twitter, ShopTo just blocked me instead!?

From a quick Google search, multiple people are experiencing this - surely something can be done.

Login to Me Too

bluedove19
Contributor
Contributor

Its been over 4 months now and nothing has been done by Paypal. These shopto.net scammers have taken my money from my account without my consent and Paypal didnt help me either. They blamed due to lockdown they cannot talk and all communications needs to be via chat. Totally shocking service.

Login to Me Too

Yog05
Contributor
Contributor

Same happened with me on 15/08/2020. Six unauthorised transactions have been made through my account. These were via Paypal Direct Debit and PayPal credit for ShopTo.net and appear to be for Playstation Network Wallet top-ups. Even I tried to remove my Bank account from my PayPal account but I am unable to remove. There are six cases (three for £76.70 & three for £33.85, Total £331.65) and when I checked my Paypal account they were indeed there and then I received six mails for payment to Shopto.net. I am victim of this company Shopto.net fraud as a payment was made from my account under Entertainment category.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.