Shopto.net Paypal Unauthorised Payment

bluedove19
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am seeking for some help here on this forum.

I am victim of this company Shopto.net fraud as a payment was made from my account under Entertainment category they say which I have no clue whatsoever . A payment of £30 from my account to shopto.net and now I have no where to go.  I have reported this issue to Paypal via resolution centr but been told they cannot see any unauthorised activity with this payment. How is this possible that my hard earned money is taken from my account and Paypal cannot do anything about it.

Is there anything further I can do to get my money back?

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

bluedove19
Contributor
Contributor

I am still in dispute with Paypal but they have refused all my cases that I raised and now not responding to any emails or chats. I have gone through many other options even contacted Shopto.net but they were rude and told me I made a payment. I left messages on their facebook page even that I dont know this company so how come you took money from my account and their attitude was shocking. Shopto.net were adamant I made those payments and said dispute this with Paypal and PP saying nope its shopto.net issue. Its been 5 months since I first alerted PP but nobody helped me. It seems shopto.net is aware of this fraud but still managed to slip through radar and continue conning people. I feel like I lost my money and this is never to come back.

Login to Me Too

Yog05
Contributor
Contributor
I contact to PayPal 6-7 times and after a big long fight and conversation PayPal refund my money back to my account. Thanks
Login to Me Too

Spudman24
Contributor
Contributor
Same happened to me Shop to.Net I have no account with them. I have also had money taken from me for Ecommerce, for entertainment. I know p.o. won't do zip, so I have changed my password, and gone for 2 tier authorisation. If I get any more money taken from me I will just close my pp account, and use my credit card, at least with that I do get protection, and not false claims that pp do. I have been with pp for 18years, but I will not be scammed, and if they cant be bothered neither can i, and they will lose a lot of people. I'm not bothering to claim, as I know I will get the same answer as you.
Login to Me Too

bluedove19
Contributor
Contributor

@Spudman24 its so sad that we have lost money but Paypal has done nothing about it. Would be interesting to know if PP does anything with your case to get money back?

Login to Me Too

Spudman24
Contributor
Contributor
Well i have good news I listed the two sights that took money from my account one was ecommerce, the other Shopto.net. I gave as much detail as possible to pp, and to my surprise I got a mail back saying they had noticed unauthorised activity, and my money just over £100 was put back in my bank. Well I just want to say thank you pp nice work, but don't give up people I think letting them know asap helps too good luck.
Login to Me Too

HenryB3
Contributor
Contributor

This has just happened to me please help £40 has been stolen from me and paypal has said there was no unauthorised activity

Login to Me Too

Nealo
New Community Member
Hi same just happened to me did you get anywhere please?
Login to Me Too

Rendal1
Contributor
Contributor

I guess I'm yet another victim of this, so however these hackers have been accessing paypal accounts, they can still do it.  I may be the worst victim yet. They managed to put £900 in charges on my account for playstation top ups through Shopto.net, and like many of you I don't even own a playstation. You'd think £900 in one day on playstation top ups would raise some alarm bells to Paypal in their infinite wisdom, but apparently not. I'm not well off and this is devastating, if I can't get the money back I dread what's coming. The case was closed immediately and I'm waiting for Paypal to get back to me on their messaging service. I hope nobody else suffers like this.

Login to Me Too

Rendal1
Contributor
Contributor

Update:

After being told twice that the payments were not unauthorised and being denied any information about who, how or what made the payments on my account I was offered the opportunity to change my claim to 'item not received'. At this point I was willing to try anything so I readily agreed. However, they stopped responding after I gave them permission to change the claim. After a pause they got back to me with instructions for changing the claim myself, which didn't work. Then they got back to me with information on how I could file a complaint for a completely different matter with no relevance. And finally they seem to have decided not to respond to me anymore. It's absurd to me that they think £900 in charges in a single day for a playstation digital currency isn't incredibly suspicious, especially when there are so many other victims. I don't know if they'll get back to me at all, or if they'll continue ignoring me. I will wait some time for them to respond before escalating matters,  I hope others have had more luck but I'm immeasurably disappointed with the failure of Paypal to protect its customers. 

Login to Me Too

LonghornLowe

11/24/2020  ShopTo just hit me yesterday for $261.31. Started the PayPal resolution/dispute process. Wish me luck. Took it out of PayPal balance. Transferred the balance to a bank account and changed password.  Still want my $261 back. If PayPal doesn't come through, I'll just close my account.  There are plenty of other eCommerce options out there...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.