Seller issued refund but i didnt get any money

True_blue87
Contributor
Contributor
So i bought a couple items equalling 3100 dollars. Seller undersold me and after my funds cleared his account he tried issuing a refund. The funds are on hold on his newish account so every time he tries to issue a refund a warning of insufficient funds pops up. I filed the claim to expedite the process and its says that seller has issued a full refund but i have video of the refunds not going through. The claim process says they are waiting for a response, i have photos of the seller informing me that they sold the product to someone else, that they will issue a full refund. I just hope the claim goes well in my favor as i never recieved anything. Anyone have a similar refund issue?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

tosca_cosio
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @True_blue87 ! You can use this link https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/where-is-my-refund-faq1212?app=searchAutoComplete for guidelines on the refund process. Also if you filed a claim and the Seller doesn't respond it will close in your favor and refund process will start. Hope this helps! Stay Safe!

Login to Me Too

ssummersVillage
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @True_blue87,

I do apologize for the difficulties you've had with trying to receive your refund.

PayPal will place funds on hold if the seller is new. PayPal is following a common industry practice to help ensure a safe environment for both buyers and sellers.

If you filed a claim, the seller does have the option to respond to the case with "issue a full refund," which will automatically close the case.

You can provide the seller with these details (click here).

Login to Me Too

True_blue87
Contributor
Contributor
Okay, the seller sent me a screen shot of his paypal and it says. Adjudication reason: "you issued a full refund". Now this is on his page, which is what is confusing me because the paypal resolution center is telling me they are still waiting on a response. I guess when i saw that, than i thought i would of been updated of that status but i wasnt. I understand the hold thing, completely understandable. Okay than, it helps me a little calm my nerves, but im sure the seller has responded with a full refund. I hope that expidites the process. Thanks for the response.
Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey @True_blue87

Since you mentioned that the seller accepted liability/refund and the refund is still not credited to you, please Escalate this to PayPal so we can complete the refund process. Go to your resolution page and view the case. Find a word that says "Escalate to PayPal" so we can take over the case and set things up appropriately. Stay Safe always! 

Login to Me Too

True_blue87
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the response and thats the thing, i started the claim and it was escalated to paypal on the 27 of march. I assumed due to the virus and limited number of workers it ks taking a little longer to here from someone. The tracker on payal says he has until the 16th to respond as the claim is still filed under "waiting for response". But it also says the claim should be finalized by april 12th underneath that. Its just very confusing, i would of hoped that at least claims would be something we could talk to a live person on who is able to look at the case. Ive read comments on here where talking to someone has made the refund almost instant.
Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
@True_blue87

It's great that it was escalated. Let this be taken cared of by our Case Officer. Typically, we provide decision for an escalated claim after 10days, but due to limited number of case officer active, there's a longer adjudication process. You're all set. We'll take care of this in our end. Thanks for your Patience! Stay Safe!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.