Seems impossible to confirm business identity with correct documents and Paypal won't help

Michael169
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Months ago, I received some emails about confirming our business identity. I submitted all requested documents and my account was never confirmed.

I have since called and talked to 16 separate agents, for a total so far of 10 hours dealing with it. Many of them said, "Oh, you need to submit this document, change your business name, change your address, etc." but after doing all of those things the problem persisted. The last several times, I have asked to talk to security and to supervisors and I have been assured that I submitted the correct documents and more, that the problem has been corrected, and that everything is great with my account. BUT the issue persists. I have even received an email confirmation indicating that my account has been "restored" but the problem persists.

I am unable to use my Paypal balance to send money to anyone and Paypal agents insist all is well and everything is peachy, but I can't use my account balance to send money. If I ask to talk to the security department that evaluate the documents, I am told I am not allowed to speak with them directly.

Every time I call, I have to spend 30 minutes to an hour and nothing that the agents and supervisors assure me will correct the problem has helped, even though they assure me everything is finally fixed this time.

Additionally, I CANNOT upload any more documents. I still receive a message in my Paypal account that says "Help confirm your business identity
To help keep your account secure, please provide documents that confirm your business identity." but when I click on the link, there is a message that says "We’re reviewing your documents. Thanks for providing your documents. You should hear back from us pretty quickly, but in some cases, it could take up to 2-3 business days." BUT this message has been stuck in this position for over 2 months.

What do you recommend I do? Does anyone have a direct line or mailing address for someone who can actually help?

I would like to re-send the documents by snail mail to an administrative office, because the automated system seems to be stuck or to talk to anyone who would actually help and be able to help, but I feel like I've hit a massive corporate brick wall and nobody will help despite overwhelming effort on my part to get this problem solved.

I've been a Paypal customer for 15 years.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks! Michael

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

spicyglobe
Contributor
Contributor

What email address did you sent to for notifying Paypal that you uploaded the documents?

Login to Me Too

rpeters
Contributor
Contributor

If you have been able to upload documents, you should not need to notify them as that process appears to be automoatic. I cannot share the email address because I get the message that "it is not permitted in this community". At any rate, that email address does not seem to work anymore (it is valid, but it does not get any response). I have had some success through the message center inside your paypal account, although you have to be very persistent. If you want to send a notification that you have uploaded documents, that should be a good way to do it, the response time is usually decent, although not always very helpful. I have some accounts that have technical issues and no place to upload documents, when that occurs, paypal has been directing me to upload documents at https://www.paypal.com/il/uploaddoc. I work for a non-profit with multiple locations so I manage a number of paypal accounts, so I have had a lot of experience dealing with this - all of it has been frustrating. Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.