Scam and dispute victim

IamTodd
Contributor
Contributor

Someone I do not know sent me unverified funds for $100 that I did not request. I assume this is a scam as they contacted my by email asking to send me $100. I did not accept their funds. I read the paypal community forms and was told if I do not accept the funds they will be automatically sent back to the sender in 30 days, so I would have to do nothing to resolve this. However, now there is a case opened against me.  I went to my account and there is no where for me to respond.  I am afraid Paypal will close my account even though I am the victim and have done nothing but have a Paypal account.  What can I do?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@IamTodd 

Do you recall or see there being a "Deny" payment button? Has It been less than 30 days since payment? Check the Resolution Center.

Push comes to shove, contact customer service and have them refund the money to them:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

IamTodd
Contributor
Contributor

I recall looking and there was no Deny button.

Login to Me Too

IamTodd
Contributor
Contributor

I just got off the phone with an agent.  I was told I did the right thing which was nothing.  In 30 days the money will go back to the sender and I do not need to worry about the status of my Paypal account

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.