Resolution Trouble

ThreeBs
New Community Member

Has anyone else had trouble trying to resolve a dispute in the resolution center?  I filed a dispute about not receiving merchandise.  They told me to wait awhile and the escalate the dispute if I still did not receive.  I received an email that the dispute would be closed in 3 days if I did not escalate it.  This happened on Black Friday and I tried to "escalate" but spent alot of time waiting on the phone.  I tried again on Saturday, waiting on the phone, trying to email, going to the resolution center to "escalate".  I wasted most of my day on Saturday not getting through to anyone.  Finally, I called my American Express card and in no time they took the charge from my account and told me they would handle it!!!!!

The next day, I received an email from Paypal that my dispute was closed since I did not contact them.   GRRRRR!

Later I received an email from Paypal that they indeed were looking into it.  Probably because Amex interjected. 

I've used Paypal a number of years and enjoyed the ease with which I could purchase things online.  However, I am totally frustrated at the way they handled my 1st dispute that I am considering closing the account. 

Has anyone else had these problems?????? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @ThreeBs,

I'm very sorry to hear that there was difficulty escalating a dispute via the Resolution Center. What was the issue that you encountered when you tried to escalate the dispute? 

It sounds like you have opened a chargeback with your card issuer. That would close the dispute automatically even if the dispute were not already closed due to the missed deadline. All further actions regarding the issue would handled directly with the card issuer at this point.

I hope things go smoothly with the chargeback!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.