Can I dispute service?

miriamm
New Community Member

Hello!

I paid for a service through paypal to one person. It wasn't a store,  just a normal person that was offering a service. I paid with goods and services. Is it possible to get my money back since I didn't receive the service? The problem is that it wasn't a store so:

1. I am not sure if I can file a dispute against a person? Most things were discussed over fb, but no "official" agreement.

2. We chatted through facebook and after like a week I started complaining about his service (that it's not working). That was my mistake because I was busy and I didn't check if I received the service. (I was supposed to be connected to certain service for a month). Later on I checked and I noticed that I'm not receiving the service at all! I just thought it doesn't work. 

So now I'm afraid that this could be his proof that the service was delivered (since I was complaining about it) just because I didn't check. But I think that would be his only proof, since I know he can't prove anything else except me complaining about it. Not sure if this is enough proof for paypal. 

3. Does paypal needs to know exactly what kind of service it was? Will they ask or will they ask only for a proof of not delivery? Also is it possible to dispute service? 

Thank you to everyone who answer.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@miriamm

All you can do is open a dispute and see what happens.

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@miriamm

All you can do is open a dispute and see what happens.

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SoRyan
Contributor
Contributor

@miriammHello! Excuse me! Have you solved your issue? Because I have the same issue with a paid service too! Please, inform me!

Login to Me Too

Sere2
Contributor
Contributor
I’m so fustatred I ordered a item and paid the seller through goods and services It’s came a different colour 😞 I’ve opened a dispute does anyone know if I can get my money back for this
Login to Me Too

SoRyan
Contributor
Contributor

@Sere2  PayPal completely protect you! And your money! You have to prove that the goods came a different colour and you gonna have full disputed and your money back if the seller didn't cover it!.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.