SCAM! I need help with disputed case!

chutch11
Contributor
Contributor

I disputed a recent transaction and case was closed due to seller providing a fraudulent shipping receipt, so now there is no way for me to follow up or dispute the transaction again through the Resolution Center. This is ridiculous. I ordered an outdoor storage shed and the seller's receipt showed the package weighed 2 lbs. It's a SCAM! Please help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chutch11 

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page), via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

chutch11
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the advice. I received email back from UPS stating that the shipping receipt used by the seller is fraudulent. However when I try sending a message to Facebook it is all automated and just tells me to dispute the transaction, which I've already done and no further steps can be taken on my end even though I have proof of fraud. There is also no contact number listed for Paypal so all I can do is talk to an automated system that cannot help me at this point. So frustrating and can't believe a huge company can operate like this. If you have a contact number for Paypal customer service or any further advice that would be much appreciated. Thanks for trying.   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.