Resolution Center is USELESS if they don't actually shut down blatant scams!

Zhigo
Contributor
Contributor

Like many I have discovered, I was just victimized by a premeditated scam from Hong Kong by Jiadi-Co. LTD. I ordered a battery powered tree pruner for $45.97 & received a lousy $1 pair of pruning shears I could get at any dollar store. Even the Customs declaration stated it's value as $10, instead of the purported $90 value on sale at 50% off. I discovered all over the internet that this company has done this repeatedly. It is NOT an honest mistake but a carefully crafted theft. Just like every other complaint, the company demands return shipping of the "erroneous" item in less than 10 days before processing a refund...of course at our expense, which is more than the value of the crap to Hong Kong. And naturally, PayPal just goes right along as if they are oblivious that this has been done over and over to their own customers. If PayPal Resolution Center had actually INVESTIGATED the scam being perpetuated through its platform by this disreputable company, it would have discovered MULTIPLE COMPLAINTS by unsuspecting customers like myself that this was not a case of mistaken shipment but a planned and executed way to STEAL $45.97 from PayPal customers! Do you believe that they will honor my return of their $1 pruning tool and refund my $45.97 when they've intentionally perpetrated this scam worldwide??? Hardly. And by not shutting them down, PAYPAL is now complicit in this criminal action. How many customers will actually fight this? How many customers worldwide times $45.97 amounts to a monumental theft. We paid in good faith expecting the item as advertised. PayPal should be on top of this, not just coordinating a refund but SHUTTING THESE THIEVES DOWN!!!!

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

lolei131980
Contributor
Contributor
I never expected PayPal to just turn around and basically say “Oh well, sucks for you” after being obviously scammed by this company. I worked in our fraud department for a local bank for years and never once ignored a customer’s concern. Yes, I get it, sometimes customers lie, and sometimes the fault lies with us - but all one PayPal employee weeding through resolutions had to do is a simple Google search to find that this company is built on pretending to be different/valid companies. It is built entirely by scamming people. Offering one item and sending a joke item, if sending anything at all. When I ordered from them, they were selling water wubble balls which would be great for bored kids during quarantine. I spent over $60. Later after they sent me 3 deflated balloons, I pulled up my transaction information, and their fake company now took me to a website I’d never even seen before (their theme that day must’ve been car detailing). So yeah, I’ve lost faith in PayPal’s system because it’s now clear that their employees are not reading valid complaints or protecting their customers.
Login to Me Too

B_Rad1
Contributor
Contributor

Agree. Visa et al offers buyer protection and I will be cancelling my paypal account. There is no way these guys will refund if I pay more than the item cost to return....... and PayPal won’t stand by the resolution they “facilitated”.

Bye PayPal!!!!

Login to Me Too

sdagan
Contributor
Contributor
EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME. Why would they put "item not as described" label on it while it's a scam! In my case the seller responded dismissively on the resolution page because he knows PayPal policy. He admitted to scamming and still get to keep the money until I ship it back. I'm thinking of reporting it, can you guys send me a DM? I think that the more people we have the bigger chances of making a change. Currently the customer service is crushing us when we are individuals...
Login to Me Too

B_Rad1
Contributor
Contributor

Happy to DM but not sure I know how 🙂

Login to Me Too

sdagan
Contributor
Contributor

You are right! they blocked it.

please email to <remove> (they are not permitting emails)

I've wrote this already to NPR and I'm planing to write to other newsletters. Also planing to open a facebook group to gather more people. 

Login to Me Too

Btaken
New Community Member
I also just got scammed by them. I’m out more money then $49.99. I decided to purchase a projector screen and the projector . I just received eyebrow tattoos what a whole $2 worth. Adds on FB a legit site you go to with other items using PayPal as a filter of payment and now I’m out $120.00. Nothing to fight or go to to yell no one is in our corner to fight back against these phantom scam artists.
Login to Me Too

mgee1
New Community Member

I too was scammed by this company.  in the end i blame myself for not doing any research on who i was buying from and thinking that facebook would only allow advertising from legitimate companies on their site.  i hope paypal can leverage them to correct the situation.  in my case i bought phone holders that are size of a credit card and fold up into a stand.  the ad said they come with multiple silicone head adapters that fit various phones (mine being an iphone) and today i got a unmarked envelope with a stamped piece of plastic with no adapters which makes this nothing more than a piece of plastic.  the company info for JIADI Co.,Ltd is impossible to find online and the receipt through paypal shows a completely different company that doesn't even sell the product.

it was $35 dollars for them, which if you saw the add you would think it was great, but what they sent me was 10 cents worth of plastic with no way for it to fold together.

Complete scam

Paypal please ban them from transactions as i cant find 1 positive comment on them.

Login to Me Too

Doubled99
Contributor
Contributor
Everything you say is true. And even if they do agree to a refund they put the burden and cost of returning the item on you. How many people are going to take the time to ship an item back to China at their own expense in hopes some day they may get a refund. Classic bait and switch tactics. I cannot believe pay pal still chooses to do business with them. In my eyes there rating has gone from 9 and a 1/2 to 3 and a 1/2. I am seriously considering no longer using PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Kwendt83
New Community Member
SAME! So tired of this **bleep**!
Login to Me Too

ChristinaH83
Contributor
Contributor
Ordered from a Facebook ad about a buy two special for father's day on some hair clippers. After two months I received the package and there was only one in it. I questioned them and they claimed I only ordered one, yet right in the description it says two. Filed a dispute and they'd refund me if I return the one item. I asked for a partial refund because I didn't get what I ordered. I cancelled the dispute since it was either that or send the product back. JIADI is a P.O.S company and PayPal is just as bad for allowing them to run a scam business.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.