Resolution Center is USELESS if they don't actually shut down blatant scams!

Zhigo
Contributor
Contributor

Like many I have discovered, I was just victimized by a premeditated scam from Hong Kong by Jiadi-Co. LTD. I ordered a battery powered tree pruner for $45.97 & received a lousy $1 pair of pruning shears I could get at any dollar store. Even the Customs declaration stated it's value as $10, instead of the purported $90 value on sale at 50% off. I discovered all over the internet that this company has done this repeatedly. It is NOT an honest mistake but a carefully crafted theft. Just like every other complaint, the company demands return shipping of the "erroneous" item in less than 10 days before processing a refund...of course at our expense, which is more than the value of the crap to Hong Kong. And naturally, PayPal just goes right along as if they are oblivious that this has been done over and over to their own customers. If PayPal Resolution Center had actually INVESTIGATED the scam being perpetuated through its platform by this disreputable company, it would have discovered MULTIPLE COMPLAINTS by unsuspecting customers like myself that this was not a case of mistaken shipment but a planned and executed way to STEAL $45.97 from PayPal customers! Do you believe that they will honor my return of their $1 pruning tool and refund my $45.97 when they've intentionally perpetrated this scam worldwide??? Hardly. And by not shutting them down, PAYPAL is now complicit in this criminal action. How many customers will actually fight this? How many customers worldwide times $45.97 amounts to a monumental theft. We paid in good faith expecting the item as advertised. PayPal should be on top of this, not just coordinating a refund but SHUTTING THESE THIEVES DOWN!!!!

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

Doubled99
Contributor
Contributor
Everyone that has dealt with the Jiadi Company has been ripped off in one way or another. The only way we are going to be rid of them is if EVERYONE starts messaging PayPal with complaints then maybe they will get the hint. Be relentless... I've already sent numerous complaints myself and I'm not done yet.
Login to Me Too

Nomore10009
I disputed this company and it seemed to me like PayPal didn't even care to help. I was just passed along between customer service reps. Only recieved text book answers and did nothing to help thier customer. To know that paypal is still supporting this company is frustrating. I would rather not support either of these companies.
Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Scammers are despicable, but I can understand why they do what they do, maybe they are starving anf need fod on the table and they have no other way. Now PP, knowingly abets these scams is even more despicable, PP executive make lots of money, they have the power to stop this thing and they opt to stand by and watch the blod shed, as it were. WTF PP!

I'd stopped using PP since I got scammed and see how they treat their customers. Canned responses, just repeating their inane policy of must return some worthless crap to China, where the address in my case at least turned out to be fake. I'm one of the lucky ones, I refused and insist the customer service rep to get me in touch with a supervisor, or someone with more authority. I pleaded my case patiently and politely, knowing the rep is just another human being, doing his/her job (doing the dirty work for PP policy makers). I finally got my case adjudicated in my favor, so persistence pays off sometimes. Oh, make sure you take photos of the junk you did received, and the packaging with the tracking number showing.

Login to Me Too

techdude
Contributor
Contributor

Jiadi Co Ltd the scam company.

I agree entirely with the comments and why oh why do Paypal not sort this out.

I too have a dispute over goods not delivered and fake tracking information.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.