Resolution Center is USELESS if they don't actually shut down blatant scams!

Zhigo
Contributor
Contributor

Like many I have discovered, I was just victimized by a premeditated scam from Hong Kong by Jiadi-Co. LTD. I ordered a battery powered tree pruner for $45.97 & received a lousy $1 pair of pruning shears I could get at any dollar store. Even the Customs declaration stated it's value as $10, instead of the purported $90 value on sale at 50% off. I discovered all over the internet that this company has done this repeatedly. It is NOT an honest mistake but a carefully crafted theft. Just like every other complaint, the company demands return shipping of the "erroneous" item in less than 10 days before processing a refund...of course at our expense, which is more than the value of the crap to Hong Kong. And naturally, PayPal just goes right along as if they are oblivious that this has been done over and over to their own customers. If PayPal Resolution Center had actually INVESTIGATED the scam being perpetuated through its platform by this disreputable company, it would have discovered MULTIPLE COMPLAINTS by unsuspecting customers like myself that this was not a case of mistaken shipment but a planned and executed way to STEAL $45.97 from PayPal customers! Do you believe that they will honor my return of their $1 pruning tool and refund my $45.97 when they've intentionally perpetrated this scam worldwide??? Hardly. And by not shutting them down, PAYPAL is now complicit in this criminal action. How many customers will actually fight this? How many customers worldwide times $45.97 amounts to a monumental theft. We paid in good faith expecting the item as advertised. PayPal should be on top of this, not just coordinating a refund but SHUTTING THESE THIEVES DOWN!!!!

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

Wayne5335
Contributor
Contributor

I don't understand why PayPal needs 30 days before you can file a complaint.  I don't like PayPal and I don't use them, but somehow this business switched my credit card payment to go through PayPal.  Paypal refused to refund my last purchase with no reason given.  I'm just glad the company was able to issue a refund.  Paypal is only good at sending money to family or friends. I will now contact my credit card company and see what they can do.

Login to Me Too

BellaBear
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve been a believer in PayPay since it started!  Always made me feel safe to not give out my credit card number to strange entities.  I trusted that PP would be a layer of protection against sellers taking advantage of buyers.  

A few months ago I was sent a faulty product, it was clearly the sellers fault and PP wouldn’t protect me...so I lost my money!  Now, I guess I’ve been sucked into this scam hoping to receive electric pruners...and receiving cheap hand clippers.  I’ve filed a claim with PayPal.....and praying they will step up to the plate and protect their consumers!  Isn’t that the purpose of their service to begin with?

Login to Me Too

Doubled99
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry to inform you but they won't.
Login to Me Too

DaroldRudolph
New Community Member

I had the same scam.  I bought the powered hand shears for $84.99 via a Facebook advertisement.  After 30 days I received a package from China (with a manual hand shears and a wall plug) the US custom declaration on the package was for $16.00.  I created a  dispute with Paypal and returned the item in the same packages for $17.50 USPS shipping with tracking.   My dispute was denied by Paypal after 30 days, because I did not have proof that I returned the item, but the USPS tracking number was in the dispute.  I could go on the USPS website and see the item was still in the process of shipping and had not yet been delivered.   Paypal must not have read my dispute because the shipping number is in the dispute.  I think by dispute was settled by a robotic response rather than someone reading it. 

I called Paypal and did get a person and the dispute was opened.  Two weeks later the dispute was denied again.

I called my credit card company to reverse charges to Paypal and I spoke with a person and he said, "I know about this scam, I have received several calls about the very same thing".   I am waiting on results.   The credit card company did reverse charge and Paypal did sent me an email that a dispute was open, but the credit card company did not provide use with enough information.    But the same dispute number in was re-opened in Paypal.

Both in the Paypal dispute and my credit card reverse charge, I have a picture of the item ordered, a picture of the item received with packaging and custom declaration, and a picture of the USPS tracking label.

Don't give up in fighting fraud, it will just encourage more fraud.

BTW, do not buy those flopping fish for cats, another fraud.

Login to Me Too

Jocoke
Contributor
Contributor

I never ordered anything from them; how did they get my PayPal info????  They made a charge to my bank account.

I will close my PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

MasMas
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered hair colour treatment from JIADI CO LTD on beginning of February 2020 and paid on 8 February 2020 via PayPal amount to USD 34.93 with invoice ID c12256033505333.1 but until mid March the order hadn't arrived. I contacted them and raised the problem and SURPRISINGLY they had not sent it yet!!! They promised me to send it and asked me to be patience. Until mid April, my order still hadn't arrived. I contacted them back but, still ,they said I must be patience as, they said, could be of covid pandemic. I filled a complaint via PayPal. The seller, JIADI CO LTD, answer the case and keep me be patience. I asked PayPal to step up and gave me to escalated the case by 15 May 2020. Almost everyday, I sent messages BUT no response from the seller. And in the Friday morning around 11, received an email from PayPal that my case's closed because (PayPal said) I didn't escalate the case but I DID escalate it!!!! Tried to contact PayPal about my case but the system didn't allow me to ask what's the reason PayPal close my case. I just want my money back
Login to Me Too

DonTommy
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered something from them that I thought was cool, I was supposed to get an update on shipping within 48 hours but it would be delayed because of COVID-19. I understood, until two weeks went by with no update. I wrote them and they gave me a tracking number for DHL the next day. Four days later it still didn't exist in DHL's system, so I started the process here. Then, they changed it to FedEx, and I was informed that a shipping label had been created. For two weeks a shipping label was created but nothing was ever picked up. Then came the big thing... After I put in an update about this, I received an email from PayPal saying that someone logged into my account with a Windows 7 computer! Right after I said I gave up talking with them and moved it to escalations? Of course I can't prove it, but I made the mistake of using the same password for them as I did for this (I know, I know...) so they tried to hack my account and either close our dispute or they tried to steal money from me. PayPal, stop doing business with these criminals! What more will it take? They're dragging down your name and making you look bad, but I guess that as long as 90% of the people don't complain and just accept it, you're okay with it since you're still making your money, right? Who cares about credibility?
Login to Me Too

Bev2802
Contributor
Contributor
I was scammed recently by this same seller for a brow pen which I have yet to receive. Z
Login to Me Too

Hindsp12

Totally scammed as well from same "Pathetic Co." In ordering table tennis set. Gave me a booking and tracking number , which when i enquired was not in my name nor the article!!!!?? Scam indeed and don't  purchase from these scrupulous sellers! Agree why hasn't Paypal shut them down!! Still waiting for my resolution!,.. is if that's goi g to happen hahahahahha!!

Login to Me Too

Alfamanf
New Community Member
I went exactly through the same but with Bundt cake forms! These people are unbelievable! And then they wanted me to ship things back at my own expense!!! It was of course more expensive than just accepting my loss!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.