Permanently limited and holding my unemployment payment

Clindley18
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a PayPal account so I could have my unemployment payment direct deposited instead of having the debit card sent to me. After I received my payment, I couldn't transfer to my prepaid card so I transferred some money to my best friends account so she could transfer it to her bank and then give it to me. Immediately after I sent her the money I get a message saying my account is limited due to an account change and they want me to upload a few things. So I see what they want me to upload and it says that the money I received was received because someone bought something from me and they want proof of order fulfillment and receipts from when I bought the items that I sold to get that money. But I didn't make any sale and I told them I got that for back payment for my PUA payment. I got a letter this morning saying to upload the letter I received from PUA. I then get another email after I read the first email stating that PayPal doesn't want to do business with me and that they are going to hold my Unemployment payment for a 160 days and then they'll make a decision of what will happen with my money. This is not legal. They can't hold my funds. I haven't done anything wrong. They have to give me my money. I can't even get anyone on the phone because they said that the customer service is closed due to COVID. This is complete crap and PayPal is a bunch of criminals!!!!

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

Mistercriill
Contributor
Contributor
Me too. My 14k was sent 3 days ago
Login to Me Too

Sadnoutioy
Contributor
Contributor
Your email addy is gone can you email me. It’s my first and last name and it’s gonna be at icloud it and or Gmail dot com . My first and last name is ginaiurato
Login to Me Too

Chardae27
Contributor
Contributor
Can you please help me!!!!!
Login to Me Too

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
I got helped by the Better Business Bureau. Go online to the BBB open a case against PayPal. Also when your on that site they will give you the address for PayPal corporate in San Jose CA. I wrote a letter to management at that location. The BBB did come threw for me. It takes close to a month, but that beats 6. As a resolution I asked that PayPal reopen my account so I could do as saw fit. Which I did. I immediately linked a new bank account and transferred every penny. Closed the PayPal account forever. Good luck, scammers have done something that causes PayPal to close people's accounts after they receive UI deposits. But PayPal has serious customer service issue's. They ran me in circles. Told me I needed to link a bank and then told me I didn't. So many other things, they just plain suck at helping.
Login to Me Too

BBrian0177
Contributor
Contributor

@olboy1155 i got a mail from some he said he is from district of attorney is that the person from BBB?

Login to Me Too

Jonathanchico
Contributor
Contributor
I work in the media /entertainment field and this problem hits widescoped. I suggest contacting the media and fight back they cannot kick a person when they’re down and out and treat human beings like slaves or children being disciplined fit no reason that’s called abuse and in these times it’s psychological as well as withholding another’s funds while they must be investing those dividends in some investment they have interest in there are are millions of dollars they are withholding don’t just contact BBB contact congress and the house of representative
Login to Me Too

Mistercriill
Contributor
Contributor
Help me. Its Christmas and they have 14k of mine
Login to Me Too

Please help me!!! They took your email address down. Here's how you can reach me... Stephanie Gary Jeffers... gmail.
Login to Me Too

hulbertmichelle
Contributor
Contributor
I hired an attorney today. I could not handle the fact that they are doing this to not just me but everyone . It's government money. It's wrong. I took tons of these posts that I've read and then I sent them to the consumer financial protection bureau and file complaints and ask for them to investigate I also called the consumer Bank complaint for the department of Labor I've done one better Business bureau I did one with colorado.gov I have posted everything showing that all of these people's pua claims are being taken for no reason and even past 180 days but I do have an attorney I will keep everybody updated on what's happening but he is going to go ahead and file for me and even if I get my money back I still want something done for the sake of everybody else
Login to Me Too

Heathers70
Contributor
Contributor
Help me plzzzzzzz been almost NINE MONTHS
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.