Permanently limited and holding my unemployment payment

Clindley18
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a PayPal account so I could have my unemployment payment direct deposited instead of having the debit card sent to me. After I received my payment, I couldn't transfer to my prepaid card so I transferred some money to my best friends account so she could transfer it to her bank and then give it to me. Immediately after I sent her the money I get a message saying my account is limited due to an account change and they want me to upload a few things. So I see what they want me to upload and it says that the money I received was received because someone bought something from me and they want proof of order fulfillment and receipts from when I bought the items that I sold to get that money. But I didn't make any sale and I told them I got that for back payment for my PUA payment. I got a letter this morning saying to upload the letter I received from PUA. I then get another email after I read the first email stating that PayPal doesn't want to do business with me and that they are going to hold my Unemployment payment for a 160 days and then they'll make a decision of what will happen with my money. This is not legal. They can't hold my funds. I haven't done anything wrong. They have to give me my money. I can't even get anyone on the phone because they said that the customer service is closed due to COVID. This is complete crap and PayPal is a bunch of criminals!!!!

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

olboy1155
Contributor
Contributor
Open a case against PayPal online with the Better Business Bureau.
Login to Me Too

Sadnoutioy
Contributor
Contributor
They opened my account fit one hour snd relocked it and pushed my account limitations back two months almost
Login to Me Too

Sadnoutioy
Contributor
Contributor
Me too you need to file a complaint with the bbb and also write your Congressman I currrntly have my Congress lady working on mine for me
Login to Me Too

Ksfamily
Contributor
Contributor
This happened to me with Chase bank as well... paypal uses Wells Fargo. I am only using my paypal now that JPM Chase has all my money. Have you got anywhere? Chase tells me it's because of unemployment fraud and the government has asked the banks to watch. Instead of helping its hurt a lot of good people.
Login to Me Too

Sadnoutioy
Contributor
Contributor
I know they use Wells Fargo I talked to one of the chief executives at Wells Fargo snd she looked at everything snd she said she doesn’t understand why they are holding my funds that everything was fine one their end and that only issue she saw was when two small deposits were made to my account which PayPal had blocked me linking my bank so that’s why they presumed a problem but the unemployment deposits there were two one for a little over 10,000 which put my account in temp restrictions so I asked I said I have another lump some that will pay out tonight or tomorrow should I not deposit it because of my temp limitations the PayPal told me no it will be fine in five days you will have your account back well in two days they permwntot restricted me and I have no access to any of my money
Login to Me Too

Cfhs123
Contributor
Contributor

I had this happen to me today. I went ahead and filed a complaint with the BBB after seeing this thread

Login to Me Too

Flicker48
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree that we are dealing with criminals.  I am doing all I can to report them to major stations, and customers that they have such as

Roland Martin.  Much money is sent through Paypal.  I was put into account limitations after ordering a print cartridge through a link from my

Canon Printer.  DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING ONLINE THROUGH PAYPAL.

I sent a payment online from paypal for the ink cartridge, Paypal took 2 payments for the same amount from my account.  I then went to the bank

and reported the 2nd payment as fraud and asked my bank to retrieve the money.  Paypal then received another payment from my boss and they

held that money along with the money I paid for the cartridge that they never ordered.  They never notified me that the order was not being sent.

They then put me in Account Limitations for 6 months.  I overpaid for a cartridge and was put into account limitations.   I called several times and got

the same treatment, waiting 2 hours on the phone, being transferreded, holding on the phone for more than 30 minutes for each transaction.

Letters being sent to me from robots never responding to the problem.  Let's not stop telling the world.  I will do no more business with Paypal and

I will tell everyone I come into contact with.  We need a class action suit.

L

Login to Me Too

Sadnoutioy
Contributor
Contributor
Okay so word to the wise I must admit I was almost word for word mad as you are but let me tell you if you need a real person trying emailing PayPals at maybe their cooperate or executive office per say do a little research you will fine the correct email you will get a live exec now as for my money is still on hold and I’m still mad but talking to the person on the other end of that email made me realize tha I neglected to take in consideration that I had a shared account and I should have explained myself better you see PayPal has billions of customers and if they didn’t have such algorithms to flag transactions well then a lot of crooked stuff could be going on so alothough it’s sucky but it’s really set in place to protect us and it’s hard to see that when your the one there holding the money from but however if you comply and answer the verifications they need and answer the. Correctly I’ve seen atleast 50 other people in my situation get taken care of so please be patient and be nice sugar gets you more than salt . Sorry I do feel your pain and acting as you are had got me waiting six months for my money and it’s totally legal for them to do what they’re doing because they aren’t holding your money as much as they are protecting the customers that the do business with u gotta think if you were one of the customers they were protecting I would be thankful to this policy
Login to Me Too

Sadnoutioy
Contributor
Contributor
As much as you wanna find a loophole I won’t they are completely in their realms of the law
Login to Me Too

Mistercriill
Contributor
Contributor
Here i sit 6am on Christmas eve waiting for 14000 from unemployment, reading all the horror stories. Am i going to get this 14k? Its my first direct deposit. Help
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.