Permanently Limited Account

Shreyan
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, 

This may sound like your regular cry for help to un-limit the account, but it's not.

About 1 year ago, my PayPal account was limited for reasons beyond my knowledge. PayPal has been one of my most useful tools in order to get funds. I sold things on eBay and made at least $50 on each transaction. I got an email one day, and find out my account has been permanently limited. I try to search for a reason, anything, that would give me insight on how I violated the User Agreement beyond a reasonable doubt. Nothing. Customer Support claims for security reasons I cannot have the information? And that nothing is reversible or able to be done. My debit card and bank are linked to the account, and I want to get them out. 

I have not done anything that wouldn't make PayPal a safe and secure place to be. I have not violated the User Agreement in any way and would like if I could get my Debit Card and Bank unlinked. If I have violated the agreements, I would like to know, and if I can see, I will not argue anymore. I would just like to see evidence beyond a reasonable doubt... let alone a reason. 

Shreyan

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

Rdown
Contributor
Contributor

Why Can't you get through to anyone?

Login to Me Too

LiamJG
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to both myself and my wife, I reported them to the Financial Ombudsman, a few weeks later both our accounts were reactivated again with only a generic explanation

Login to Me Too

ChrHan8
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Liam,

I'm currently going through this and was wondering how you handled this.

How did you contact the Ombudsman in this case? I've emailed them and was wondering what your turn around time was with them?

Infuriating that they can just close your account with no explanation or recourse from yourself.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Alamoshade
Contributor
Contributor
They have $13,000 of mine also, no explanation at all!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.