Permanently Limited Account

Shreyan
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, 

This may sound like your regular cry for help to un-limit the account, but it's not.

About 1 year ago, my PayPal account was limited for reasons beyond my knowledge. PayPal has been one of my most useful tools in order to get funds. I sold things on eBay and made at least $50 on each transaction. I got an email one day, and find out my account has been permanently limited. I try to search for a reason, anything, that would give me insight on how I violated the User Agreement beyond a reasonable doubt. Nothing. Customer Support claims for security reasons I cannot have the information? And that nothing is reversible or able to be done. My debit card and bank are linked to the account, and I want to get them out. 

I have not done anything that wouldn't make PayPal a safe and secure place to be. I have not violated the User Agreement in any way and would like if I could get my Debit Card and Bank unlinked. If I have violated the agreements, I would like to know, and if I can see, I will not argue anymore. I would just like to see evidence beyond a reasonable doubt... let alone a reason. 

Shreyan

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shreyan

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shreyan

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

helenterry

Contact customer services won't give you any information on the reason for the limitation. I've tried and the operator said she could give me the PHYSICAL address of Paypal's legal department so that I could submit my further complaint IN PERSON. BYE Paypal!

Login to Me Too

Supreme4me2019
Contributor
Contributor
I too have been “Permanently Limited” and every time I try to reach out to PayPal to learn why they send the same generic “acceptable use” crap...!! I have done nothing that violates their acceptable use. I have my PayPal linked through Depop verified. I have never had a dispute I don’t sell anything illegal. No buyer claims etc not a one. I am now losing my business because of this mess. PayPal can hold my funds for 180 days in case of buyer returns etc??? Um I have never had one buyer return or dispute a single purchase!!! How is this legal? I too would like to unlink all of my banking info but am not allowed to do this either!! This is wrong!!!!
Login to Me Too

djwikkid
Contributor
Contributor
What is going on? I too have unjustly between generally accused of violations that I in fact did not violate or act in any manner to go against the user agreement or acceptable use policy. I have disputed several charges that were not approved our base any intention of over paying these complained that have business practices that are not in good faith. Like lust for example had $158 in 11 pending charges that remained in my account for up to 12 days. Way past the 3-5 days it states it's supposed to clear. Now my account has been permanently extremely limited without any explanation or immediate recourse for me cuz now all my money and I mean all $1600+ dollars is being withheld from me and more direct deposits from the IRS and unemployment benefits are coming. Are those funds going to just be added to the illegal and unwarranted limiting of my account which I count on for food, bills and transportation. I have a severe illness which now that I can not use ride sharing without a favor hard let alone the money out costs to get to doctors appointments that are vital to me staying alive and getting treatment I desperately need. This is a cry for help as I have no one to turn to our lean on to help now that I'm broke and left without and reasoning or causation of why this is happening to me. Anyone have any suggestions to help? Djwikkid
Login to Me Too

Same with me.paypal doesnt carry there customers.its in human to hold for 180days.those money can make lot of difference in life.now just today i received this 180days limitation and i can clearly see my life going down for next 6 mnths.i dnt know who have gave them this power to play with someones life.yes my account limited atleast give a reason or for god sake refund it back to who sent.man i have lots of plans for my life you are pushing me back to 6 month of poverty.pls if someone who could help.paypal dnt reply to mails or i dnt have option of messaging in my limited acc
Login to Me Too

TrueAmber2020
Did u get ur money??? Do u have a phone number to PayPal??? I have over $1700 fr unemployment in my permanently limited ACCOUNT and it's been limited since Jan 8
Login to Me Too

briteecreations
Contributor
Contributor

i have three family members that work for Fox, ABC 13 and Channel 2 News, I think it is time to open an investigation.  They are ripping so many people off for unknown reasons.  Thousands of people have no idea why they were banned and their money is being kept by paypal.  THIS IS ILLEGAL and we re letting it happen.  Time to open up an investigation!!!!  Please email me if you are on board it is <removed>

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@briteecreations 

Really? Why would paypal limits accounts for no reason?

That would be shooting themselves in the foot, they want you to  OPEN AND USE paypal accounts as that is how they make their money.

So how would limiting your account be of benefit to them?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

LiamJG
Contributor
Contributor

No one knows they do not give that information. But you are right about one thing, no more eBay or Paypal for me

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.