Permanent limitation ???

Fedew95
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I got banned from Paypal, I received an email saying that my account is permanently limited.

I tried to call many times without receiving a real explaination. 

The first person told me that the limitation has been applied because my accound was linked to another account that appears to be property of someone that has the same surname I have, and that is in the same building where I work. But there are no transactions between our accounts, I really don't understand.
The second person told me that it was because of a specific transaction in April, where a friend sent me money because I bought some products and part of those products were for him, so he gave me back my money.
The third and last person, said that he won't give me any motivation, and told me not to call or write again because anyways I would never use my Paypal account anymore.

I never did anything wrong according to their user agreement and acceptable use policy. I don't have multiple accounts, I almost never sold anything (maybe my used phone, or my old ps4), I received a few money this year (less than 600 € until now), but I spent so much (more than 19K € until now) buying online, paying Spotify, Netflix, etc. I consider myself a valuable customer !

What's more, they speak of "fraudulent or high risk behavior" and "potential risk of chargebacks", have they confused me with a seller ? Who would ask refunds to me ? Zalando, Yoox, Netflix ? Or maybe Spotify ?

How can I talk with someone to demonstrate I'm not what they think I am. I don't want to be blocked by some algorythm that I don't even know.

Please help !

Thank you.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fedew95

I don't rate your chances but...

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.