Lodged a Dispute Still No Refund

Sololady
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I am in the throes of attempting to get a refund for items which were not suitable and which I had returned.  I followed the sellers instructions for returning and tracked the items during the delivery.  They now say they never received the items despite a tracking log also because I opened a dispute they state they are not legally bound to refund me anything.  I have lost over £60 plus £15 in return postage and now have no items as I returned them.

Where do I go now as Paypal state they are unable to get the money back for me

Thanks

S   

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sololady

Is the dispute / claim closed?

Did you actually escalate the dispute to a claim?

Did Paypal tell you to return the items back to the seller?

Did you provide paypal with the tracking number?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sololady
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Thank you for your response.

The dispute is now closed as seller advised they could not refund until the dispute had been closed.  I did not escalate the dispute because I was advised I had no claim.  It appears I followed the sellers instructions and address details to the letter when returning the items with tracker etc however I did not go through the Paypal address they have on the system therefore PP cannot request money apparently.  All tracking details were given to PP and this was when they discovered the address I was told to return to does not exist on the PP account for this seller.  PP advised that I continue dialogue with the seller to see if they shall refund which I am presently doing and have this morning advised them that all disputes have been closed and I now wish a full refund.

Thanks

S   

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sololady

You should NEVER close a dispute until you have had a full refund or your item.

If your seller issued a refund that would automatically close the dispute once you had your refund.

If you had to close a dispute to get a refund then what would be the point of having a dispute process?

Paypal do not get involved UNTIL you have escalated to a claim and you should always return the item to the paypal registered address of the seller so you should have escalated to a claim if you had not been refunded and waited for Paypal to tell you where to return the item, then you would have been covered.

All you can do now is....

1. If you funded that paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

2. If you have all the messages from the seller INCLUDING the one telling you to send the item back to the wrong address then tell the seller if you don't get a refund you will be pursueing them in the small claims court, (you can file a claim online but sometimes if a seller thinks you are going to do that they refund you...............that would only be an option if the seller is in the U.K as well though.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sololady
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your advice. Yes as soon as I closed the dispute I thought it was wrong.  The supplier is outwith the UK so not much chance I am afraid.  Can I send another dispute to Paypal disclosing the details I have stating the seller is using obscure practices and they should be aware should this happen to anyone else?

Thanks

S   

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sololady

You can't do another dispute but you can contact customer services and tell them what happened and that the seller deliberately made you return the item to another address. You didn't pay via a credit card then?

OR you can click on ''legal'' bottom right of this page and go to the 'acceptable use policy'...I think its the second one down...on there is a link on the word 'violation' of policy to report users that violate any paypal policies.

CUSTOMER SERVICES.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sololady
Contributor
Contributor

My Paypal account is set up with my bank debit account so unless I advised them but that means my bank stopping payments to Paypal which I do not want as I use PP all the time and never have any issues.  I have already spoken with PP Customer Services and they advised there was nothing they could do for me and suggested that I contact the seller trying to resolve this.  Customer Service have also made contact with the seller asking them to refund but so far nothing.   

I am very grateful for you taking time to discuss this with me. I shall follow up on the other suggestions you have offered

Kind regards

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sololady

Why did paypal turn you down? Did tracking show the item as delivered back to the seller or not?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.