Paypal wont review my dispute?

Scribblecloud
Contributor
Contributor

So about 2-3 months ago, a customer sent a a false dispute for a payment they made for a digital Animation, my account has been on like 100-€ for the last 3 months and i sent an answer with pictures of chats with the customer showing theyre obviously happy with the product and me sending updates on my work, but still, no response from paypal. Obviously i stopped working on the commission since im not gonna let myself get scammed out of more of my time, just not giving them the information and not getting the money isnt an option since i already worked on it for weeks and its almost done, even wpif they wanted the half finished product theyll still have to pay most of the price (since most of the animation is done.. obviously) what do i do to get my money back??

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Scribblecloud 

Paypal are not bothered about chat records etc all they want is either proof the buyer received their item or not OR that the item that they received was described accurately.

You have no seller protection for digital / virtual transactions, you can sell them but at your own risk.

So if paypal find in favour of the buyer then you won't be reimbursed under seller protection.

That does not mean you can't take your own private legal action against the buyer if you have enough proof etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Scribblecloud
Contributor
Contributor

Really? Becouse when i read trough the help Thing it litterally says to reach out for help wether you have proof or not, and the problem right now isnt that paypal isnt responding in my favour, its the fact they never answered at all. Like my money cant just be floating around, belonging to nobody forever?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Scribblecloud,

Kernowlass is correct. Chat records, screenshots etc. are not taking into consideration when reviewing claims. Please review the Seller Protection Policy for information on the documentation accepted. 

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

buttonngirl
Contributor
Contributor

My dispute was deemed settled by paypal because the shipment was shown as delivered.  While a package was delivered from the seller, only three of the five items ordered was within.  How do I get them to reopen this claim.  I have contacted them in EVERY way possible with no reply.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.