Paypal does not return my money bcs of custom issue

vahdat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I opened a dispute about my purchase and the seller (and Paypal) agreed to refund me. Paypal asked me to send back the item so it could return my money. I shipped back the item as they requested, with a tracking number and etc. It's been seven months that the package is in the custom (China custom) and the seller does not go to pick it up (release it from custom) or even the seller does not reply to the email Paypal sends to it. Now, PayPal refuses to refund me because the package has not been delivered. 

This is not my fault or the shipping company. This can be a trick that the seller plays not to return the money. 

Paypal should respect the honesty of its customers and return the money.

Now, I am not sure what should I do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

vahdat
Contributor
Contributor

Just updating my case.

I asked to talk to a supervisor and described the whole story to her. She was kind to reopen my dispute and then they accepted that it is not my fault and returned my money back.

Now, I am more confident to do my purchases with Paypal.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vahdat 

Sorry, PayPal goes by delivered tracking status. Sellers need proof of delivery when they sell so do buyers when they return.

If the dispute is closed, you are free to dispute through your card issuer if that is how you paid.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

vahdat
Contributor
Contributor

I understand.

However, when the seller ships items to me I have to go to the custom and release my item or I will pay someone to go and pick it up. I do it because I want that item. The same case should be valid for the seller as well. The seller should go to the custom of their county and release the returned item. Otherwise, there will be no delivery.

The point is here:

A) As a buy I paid and I want that item so I go to the custom and release the item.

B) As a seller, I received my money and do not want to pay back to the buyer so I ask the buyer to return the item and never go to release it. Therefore, I will never return the money because there is no delivery.

so how Paypal is going to deal with point B?

From my perspective, Paypal should put a deadline for the seller to release the item otherwise the item should be considered as delivered and money needs to be returned to the buyer.

Login to Me Too
Solved

vahdat
Contributor
Contributor

Just updating my case.

I asked to talk to a supervisor and described the whole story to her. She was kind to reopen my dispute and then they accepted that it is not my fault and returned my money back.

Now, I am more confident to do my purchases with Paypal.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Marcosar
Contributor
Contributor
Whish I have the same luck you do b I try so many times and when I ask for a supervisor or some one in USA they put me on hold for hours and no body resolve my problem I didn't make the purchase for $105. Is a shame the pay pal do this.
Login to Me Too

Marcosar
Contributor
Contributor
Same here and the hindu people hom answer the phone are very nasty I lost $105. Dollars I will not recommend to no one to use pay pal mo more I will post in all midia what pay pal in cojuts with other companies do to still money from people.
Login to Me Too

Marcosar
Contributor
Contributor
Same here and the hindu people hom answer the phone are very nasty I lost $105. Dollars I will not recommend to no one to use pay pal mo more I will post in all midia what pay pal in cojuts whith other companies do to still money from people.
Login to Me Too

paula234
Contributor
Contributor
You are lucky, I can't even get to speak with a human being. My problem is the same as yours was, chinese company refusing to pick up the return from customs therefore I cannot get my money back and now the company CiCi are not even replying to my emails. PayPal has a lot to answer for and will not be recommending them to anyone. Glad it worked for you though.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.