Not as described - claim (Any other solutions?)

AvrySee
New Community Member

Hi Folks,

Just a little frustrated here and hoping to check if anyone else has another solution.

I purchased a water mobility device 'JET BODY BOARD' from a seller on Shopify on July 23.

The total cost was $89.99 and $14.99 for expedited shipping for a total of 104.98.

I finally received my item a couple days ago and to my dismay, it's completely a different item and obviously a rip/off scam attempt. 

-The item they sent looks to be a Chinese children's water floatation toy that would likely fetch $5-$10 at a grocery store.

I submitted an 'Item not as described' claim and Paypal wants me to ship it back to the seller. Few issues there

#1 The seller is in China and I'd likely wait another month (minimum) for the return item to get there.

#2 The address that I have is in Chinese characters (I can't just write it on my postage) and I ran it through a translator and it made 0 sense.

#3 I got a quote to send the item back to the city in China (translated from the address) and the cost would be around $60. Even with Paypal's $30 reimbursement for shipping, I'm out an extra $30 not to mention the time and hassle of getting this POS cheap item back to China all to facilitate Paypal's arbitrary return system for an item that is 1/3 of the price of the shipping.

Soooo what should I do here? Jump through the hoops and hope that: a)I get my package to the seller b) the seller confirms receiving it c) I get reimbursed $30 (shipping) and drop another $30 (full shipping cost of $60) out of pocket in order to get net $75 of my $105 order back...

There has to be another way. It just feels so dumb to spend all this time and money to return a product that was essentially a scam on the seller's behalf.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.