PayPal requesting more info from buyer

Willrussell99
I provided proof of delivery in response to a claim to show it was delivered almost a week prior to this. Usually PayPal have closed any disputes that show delivery immediately when I call but this time the person on the phone said that they are requesting more information from the buyer. What does this mean? They said they want confirmation the buyer has received the item, but surely that is what proof of delivery from a courier company is supposed to provide?. I’m annoyed as I now have to wait a further week to get my money, at which point the buyer will have had the item for two weeks! The buyer even confirmed she had received the item on Depop messages but obviously this isn’t enough proof for PayPal... she also refused to shut the dispute so I am worried she will provide false information and say she hasn’t got the item. Any help would be appreciated 🙂
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Willrussell99 

The buy can refuse to close the dispute and let it expire and close on its own which is in 20 days from opening dispute if it has not been escalated.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Willrussell99
It is a claim at this point- I provided proof of delivery to ensure the buyer does not get a refund. The proof of delivery is from Royal Mail and shows a signature etc. A claim has been closed before immediately when I provided proof of delivery tracking over the phone. But PayPal would not close the claim they want more information from the buyer. If I have provided this information will they close it in my favour even if the buyer decides to say they have not got the item?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Willrussell99 

PayPal wants to confirm what the deal is because a Item Not Received dispute was opened but you provided messages that says the buyer received it so you will just have to wait until PayPal can verify from the customer that their order has been received.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Willrussell99
But usually this does not happen. What will happen if the buyer says she has not received it? Will they just ignore my proof of delivery and refund her ?
Login to Me Too

Willrussell99
My proof of delivery is a tracking code from Royal Mail, not just a screenshotted message. It shows she has signed for it over a week ago.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.