Old account got hacked

plouisa26
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help me? I used my old Paypal account which was linked to American Express card to make a purchase online last night. I suspect my Paypal account got hacked and had to closed the account as a result. If I was to return any items for a refund from the purchase I made last night, how will I be reimbursed if I no longer have the old Paypal account? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Drew

Hi @plouisa26

That's a valid question and I'd be happy to answer it. 🙂 

If a merchant is going to refund a payment, it will go directly back to your card so you won't have to worry about refunds. If you end up needing to file a dispute with us, you will have to reach out to our customer service team so we are able to report the issue for you. 

Regards, 

Drew

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Drew

Hi @plouisa26

That's a valid question and I'd be happy to answer it. 🙂 

If a merchant is going to refund a payment, it will go directly back to your card so you won't have to worry about refunds. If you end up needing to file a dispute with us, you will have to reach out to our customer service team so we are able to report the issue for you. 

Regards, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.