Paypal close my account because of number of disputed transactions.

discountshop201
New Community Member

Paypal closed my account after asking for details of mostly 30 transactions. Just 2 of them was refunded and the rest was delivered on time. I'm using Paypal for my own online store, not eBay.

Paypal said they closed my account because the number of disputes. However, 30% of the disputes were closed on my favor.

Paypal did it completely wrong in my case. I want to know how much the dispute rate is closed account and Paypal did not respond. All disputed transactions are handled by me, Paypal did not participate in the settlement. If I cheat, I only need to withdraw money and close my account, why should I take the effort to build such a long-term business? My website has been in operation for a while and has nearly 1,000 orders.

The fact that Paypal unilaterally closed my account was completely absurd and arbitrary. Take a look at Paypal asking me to provide details of the transactions, and of which only 2 transactions are refunded, the rest have been delivered on time and the customer is satisfied, so where am I wrong? your company? Paypal is a big company but operating in such an unprofessional way, how can the salesperson trust to continue?

I have no problem refunding, none of my clients are requesting refunds at this time. Does it seem in the eyes of Paypal I am a scam business? Paypal was wrong and completely wrong when evaluating such a business.

I only asked 1 question, was there any transaction that Paypal had to refund to customers on my behalf?

Once again I ask Paypal to review all the information I provided and reopen my account.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@discountshop201 

PayPal expects you to keep the need of your customers to even file disputes low or next to non-existent, no matter if its your own website or on a marketplace. Sure they say there is no limit to number of disputes you can have BUT it will get to a point where it represents a deeper issue with your business that needs fixing. Either it's customer service, inventory, shipping, etc. 30 disputes? I've been selling with PayPal since 2005, only had one dispute ever opened and even that was a mistake. The wifey didn't know what the hubby was doing. lol The dispute expired without escalation. It can be done with the right merchandise, developing best practices as a seller and workflow. Running the tightest ship as possible.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

discountshop201
New Community Member

They're asking for detail of 30 transactions, I think they choose it randomly because none of them are disputed. And also 30% of the disputed transactions were close on my favor.

I keep email Paypal but seems that they DON'T CARE

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@discountshop201 

Contact customer service to appeal the decision is all you can do but no guarantees they will reinstate. PayPal can discontinue service with anyone of us if they want. It could have been a misunderstanding or a false positive or there was something else that concerned them.

To contact customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PaypalCanada/

Twitter: @AskPayPalCA

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.